MIUI 11 is dropping earlier than its official release date. Only a few devices from Xiaomi are getting the new MIUI 11 update. Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro is one of the phones which is getting step up to the new MIUI 11. The latest stable update for the device is rolling out with the build V188.8.131.52.QFKCNXM based on Android 10. This software is rolling over-the-air. Along with that, we have also got our hands on the OTA zip and the Recovery ROM which packs the same MIUI 184.108.40.206 update for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro (codename: raphael).
You can expect the OTA to roll automatically, but it may take some time. These early software releases are usually incremental in nature, hence, the delay. So, you can alternatively grab the ROM or OTA zip and install the new update manually. We have a guide that will help you to flash the new update. You can download and install MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro. Yes, this ROM is only for the Chinese variant.
We have detailed out all the updates and fixes in the official changelog note present below. Check it out. With MIUI 11 the Xiaomi devices will now get the turbo-charge feature, improved system Settings, system-wide dark mode, limited system ads, status bar optimization, always-on display, etc.
Check Software Update:
As mentioned before OTA rolls in gradually. It will take a few weeks or a few days for the update to be available to all the users out there. However, you can manually try to search and capture the airborne update V18.104.22.168.QFKCNXM.
- Head to the device Settings > tap on the About Phone >tap on Software Update.
- If you see the new MIUI 11 update with build number V22.214.171.124.QFKCNXM, then download it.
Also, have a battery charge over 50% all the while new software update takes place to avoid power-shortage related interruptions.
The changelog list all the fix-ups and new add-ons to the Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro which the latest MIUI 11 v126.96.36.199 brings.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Always-on display
- The always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
- Sounds of nature
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Optimization: The UI of the player is more simple and intuitive now
- Optimization: Local songs and items in the favorites are arranged better now
- Fix: We improved a couple of things and fixed some bugs
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM on Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro
Before providing you with the firmware OTA and Recovery ROM, you need to have the flash tools and USB drivers to successfully complete the installation process. We have listed the same in the requirements section below. Make sure to collect all of that before installing the new MIUI update.
- Supported device: Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro. Do not use it on other Xiaomi/Redmi devices. It will harm the device.
- A PC/Laptop
- First, install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- You have to download and install the latest ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC.
- Install Xiaomi USB Drivers on the system.
- Before installing the new update charge the battery of your phone up to 50% or more.
We have put up a general illustrative guide and a video tutorial which will make the firmware installation process more convenient for you.How to Install MIUI 11 on a Xiaomi Device via Manully Flashing Recovery/Fastboot OTA Install MIUI 11 Update Mnaully on Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro using Video Tutorial
So, if you think you have the patience for the update to show up on your Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro, then sure you can do so. Otherwise, you can just grab the download link to download MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro.