Last month, the Xiaomi Redmi K20 in India received an Android 10 update. Now, the handset is getting another new firmware update for the Indian variants with an updated security patch and some improvements. The Redmi K20 came with an entry-level budget category specifications at a competitive price tag. If you’re a Redmi K20 (Codenamed as davinci) user and interested to upgrade your handset, you can download MIUI 188.8.131.52 India Stable ROM for Redmi K20 [V184.108.40.206.QFJINXM].
According to the changelog, this new software update with the software version V220.127.116.11.QFJINXM brings January 2020 Android Security Patch Level with increased system security. It also offers a music card in the app vault, EU privacy adjustments, security optimization like a localized payment security icon for India. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie and rolling out gradually via OTA that can take some time to appear on all the Redmi K20 Indian units.
Check Software Update Manually
As we already mentioned, most of the software OTA update always roll-out in batches. So, some times the OTA update notification can be delayed. That’s why we will recommend you to check for OTA updates manually on your device via Settings > About Phone > Software update.
If you will find that there is a new firmware update is available and ready to download, just follow the on-screen instructions and install it. Alternatively, you can go to the Software Updater app as well to check updates.
Ensure that the phone has enough battery level to download and install the OTA update. It’s recommended to use the Wi-Fi connectivity for a faster and stable download.
Changelog: MIUI 18.104.22.168
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 10
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
How to Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 India Stable ROM for Redmi K20 (davinci)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi K20 (davinci) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 126.96.36.199 India Stable ROM on Redmi K20. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi K20 (davinci) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.