Xiaomi has started rolling out the latest MIUI 11 update to its eligible devices over OTA via batches. First, the company released a Chinese beta update and now they are rolling MIUI 11 stable ROM for both Indian and Chinese variant devices. As we speak, Xiaomi started rolling MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 Explorer (codenamed: ursa) based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update is only for the Mi 8 Explorer Chinese variant and there is no confirmation on global release. If you want to try, here we have shared the ROM download link, flash tools, and installation steps below.
The latest update is now rolling for Mi 8 Explorer in China with software version V184.108.40.206.PEHCNXM. The latest OTA update is in incremental mode and will take some time to arrive on all Mi 8 Explorer Chinese variant devices. If you’re using the device over China Stable ROM, check for OTA updates manually. Otherwise, you can also install the firmware manually. The firmware update brings most of the Android 9.0 Pie core features along with its own customized features. Such as new UI, always-on display, nature sounds, Mi Share, tasks, doc viewer, printing, and some bug fixes.
- Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: The UI of the player is more simple and intuitive now
- Optimization: Local songs and items in the favorites are arranged better now
- Fix: We improved a couple of things and fixed some bugs
Check Software Update (OTA)
If your Mi 8 Explorer China variant device isn’t receiving the software OTA updates then check for the OTA update manually. If the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 Explorer (ursa) update is available, simply download and install it.
Head to the device Settings > tap on the About Phone > tap on Software Update.
Steps to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 Explorer (ursa)
First of all, check out all the requirements, download links, and more. Then, proceed to the installation steps.
- This guide is for Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer (ursa) only.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required to connect your device with the computer.
- For safety reasons, make sure to take a complete backup.
- Now, you will have to install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your computer as well.
- Plug your device to the charger and charge it to full.
Instructions to Install:
Now, you’re all set to install the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Mi 8 Explorer (ursa) device manually. Follow the installation guide completely.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
Additionally, you can also check out our full-depth guide video from below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that the guide of installation will be helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know in the comments below.