Xiaomi has released a new firmware update for the Redmi 7 (Codenamed as onclite) that’s rolling out globally with a software version V18.104.22.168.PFLMIXM. It’s based on Android 9.0 Pie and offers the December 2019 patch, fixes the notification shade couldn’t open issue. If you’re using the handset and want to upgrade to the latest version, then follow this article completely. Here you can download MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 7 along with the full firmware installation guide.
The software update is making its way via OTA and rolling out in a phased manner. The first wave of the roll-out process will hit a limited number of users. While Xiaomi will start a broader roll-out process very soon in subsequent days. However, if you’re using the Redmi 7 (onclite) and eagerly waiting for the update, then you should check for OTA update first. Now, let’s have a look at the full update changelog below.
Check OTA Update
Due to the incremental roll-out, Xiaomi device users mostly face the delayed software update. Now, if you also feel the same, you can manually check the OTA update.
Head over to the device Settings > About Phone > tap on software update. Additionally, you can go to the Software Updater app directly on your device to check the firmware update. If the latest MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM is available, just grab it.
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
- Xiaomi Cloud
- Fix: An error message saying that IMEI couldn’t be identified appeared multiple times
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Still, not getting the OTA update? Follow our full-depth firmware installation guide below for the Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite).
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 7
Now, before heading over to the firmware installation process, let’s take a look at the pre-requirements and download links below.
- Keep in mind that this firmware update file is supported for the Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite) Global variant.
- Your device should be running on the official Stock Firmware in order to apply this update.
- Make sure to maintain the battery juice on your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full data backup on your device to protect all the important data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Instructions to install:
We hope that you’ve followed all the pre-requirements and downloads completely. Now, you can head over to the MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM installation guide on your Redmi 7. You can either follow Recovery method or Fastboot method. Additionally, we have put up the video tutorial guide for your ease.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve easily installed the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on your Redmi 7. You can ask in the comments below for any queries.