Currently, the Xiaomi has started pushing the latest January 2020 security patch along with some improvements for the Redmi 7 (codenamed onclite) devices in China. You can download MIUI 126.96.36.199 China Stable ROM for Redmi 7 [V188.8.131.52.PFLCNXM] from this full guide.
Thanks to the Project Zero Security Analysis Team by Google for identifying the security risk. The January 2020 Android Security Patch fixes a major vulnerability in the Framework component and increases system security. It could be a threat for the Android users which was able to cause a permanent denial of service. The new software update comes with a software version V184.108.40.206.PFLCNXM based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Additionally, the OTA update brings bug fixes like notification settings couldn’t open in Second space, notification shade couldn’t open in some cases, overlapped images in scrolling screenshots, and fixed errors occurring after switching SIM cards. The firmware update is waving over-the-air (OTA) in a gradual mode. Therefore, it may take a few days or weeks expectedly. However, you can manually check the OTA update or install the firmware.
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security.
- status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Data usage
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Manually Check OTA Update
If your device isn’t getting any OTA update for a while, then you can manually check the software OTA update via Settings on the phone > About Phone > Software update > Check for update.
If the new MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Redmi 7 update is available to download, you can proceed and apply it. Meanwhile, you can go to the Software Updater app also to check updates.
- Charge your phone up to 50% – 60% at least.
- Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network to download the update quickly.
Steps to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM for Redmi 7
If in case, you haven’t received the OTA update yet, make sure to follow all the requirements and downloads before installation.
- This ROM file is exclusive for the Xiaomi Redmi 7 (onclite).
- Try to charge your device more than 60% at least.
- It’s recommended to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- You will require a PC or Laptop and a USB cable.
- Make sure to download and install the USB Drivers and Flash Tool on your computer below.
Instructions to Install:
Now, let’s jump into the firmware installation process below. Additionally, we have also put up the video guide below.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot] Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope you’ve found this guide useful and successfully installed or updated the latest January 2020 patch update on Redmi 7 (onclite) in China. For any queries, you can ask in the comments below.