Updated on September 03, 2021: Today Xiaomi rolled the August 2021 security patch for the Redmi Note 8 Pro with version V18.104.22.168.RGGRUXM. The update is based on Android 11.
Update on July 18, 2021: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro received the MIUI 12.5 with build number V22.214.171.124.RGGRUXM. The update major changes to the system UI and features along with June 2021 security patch.
Xiaomi has started pushing the latest firmware update to its Redmi Note 8 Pro (Codename: begonia) Russian variants based on Android 10 Q. The update is labeled with MIUI 126.96.36.199 for Redmi Note 8 Pro with software version V188.8.131.52.QGGRUXM. You can now download and install it manually.
Now, talking about the new firmware update, it brings the latest May 2020 Android Security Patch Level that improves the system security & stability. Additionally, the update also compatible with Netflix HD standards now. You can get a full update changelog below. We will recommend you check for OTA updates or you can manually install the update by following the firmware flashing guide along with requirements and download links.
Downloads and Changelog
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to August 2021. Increased system security
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2021. Increased system security.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- All-new Notes
- Control center
- Optimization: Control center layout in landscape mode
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security
Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Optimization: Animations in selected scenes
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: When Notification shade is open, swipe down from the upper right corner to open Control center
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Control center wasn’t always displayed correctly in landscape mode
- Dark mode
- Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
- Optimization: SIM compatibility issues
- Fix: Dual apps couldn’t use location services
- Fix: Emergency broadcast info wasn’t displayed correctly
- Updated Android Security Patch to August 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- New: Screen lights up with an animation now
- New: Status bar color gradient animation
- Fix: Notification shade wasn’t displayed correctly in Dark mode
- Home screen
- New: App drawer allows you to keep your Home screen neat and categorizes apps so you can find them faster.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox
Recovery ROM | Fastboot ROM
- We are compatible with Netflix HD standards now. Clear Netflix app data if you’re experiencing problems with playback for some videos.
- Updated Android Security Patch to May 2020. Increased system security.
Check OTA Updates
Xiaomi mostly rolls out firmware OTA updates in batches and it can take some time to hit all the units completely. Similarly, the Russian Redmi Note 8 Pro variants will take a couple of days or weeks to receive the OTA update notification. If in case, you’re not getting the OTA update notification, then try to check for it via the device Settings > About Phone > Software update.
Alternatively, you can go to the Software Updater app directly to check for the OTA update. If the update is available, then you can download and install it. Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and charge your device more than 60%.
Steps to Install MIUI Russia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro (Russian variant) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
We recommend to take a full backup first. GetDroidTips will not be held responsible for any type of issue on your device while or after following this guide or even flashing any file. So, proceed at your own risk.
Instructions to Install: MIUI Russia Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 Pro
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI Russia Stable ROM on Redmi Note 8 Pro. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi Note 8 Pro (begonia) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.