Updated on November 16, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled the second update for the Mi Mix 2S in China with version V126.96.36.199.QDGCNXM brings bug fixes and improvements to MIUI 12 software.
Updated on August 09, 2020: Xiaomi released MIUI 12 for the Mi Mix 2S in China based on Android 10 with version V188.8.131.52.QDGCNXM. The update brings major changes to the user interface along with many new features.
Updated on Apri 14, 2020: Today in China started rolling MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2S with software version V220.127.116.11.QDGCNXM. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users in China which are based on Android 10 Q. You can download and install the update manually.
This new update brings no major changes except the latest March 2020 Android Security Patch, app locks now support all apps, revamped the start page, and optimized some of its features. As mentioned, the firmware update bumps up a new software version V18.104.22.168.QDGCNXM is rolling out via OTA in a gradual manner. Therefore, the OTA update may take some time to arrive on all the units completely. However, you can software updates manually.
Check OTA Updates
If you’re not receiving the firmware OTA update on your handset, you can manually check the OTA update via the phone Settings > About Phone > Software Update. If any software update is available, just download and install it.
Alternatively, you can go to the Software Updater app on your Xiaomi device to check the OTA update. Make sure that your handset is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
Downloads and Changelog:
- Optimization: Increased system stability
- Optimization: Reduced system lag
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- New: Super wallpapers break physical boundaries and keep inspiring you with every touch.
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- Privacy protection
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Optimization: Press and hold an app preview in Recents to choose between Split screen and floating windows.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- Optimization: Control center is now closed by incoming calls
- Optimization: Press and hold redirection options
- Fix: Brightness adjustment bar couldn’t be used when Control center was opened for the first time
- Fix: Toggle order wasn’t correct on the old toggle panel
- Fix: Switching SIM cards crashed the app in some cases
- Fix: Accessibility features weren’t available in the editing mode
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Always-on display
- Fix: Lock screen items were shown on the Always-on display
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security.
- Lock screen
- Fix: Fingerprint unlock didn’t work on Always-on display in some cases
- Removed: Lock screen and Always-on display issues in Second space
- Home screen
- New: Animated Home screen icons are neat and satisfying.
- New: We’ve added a new animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: Gravitational animations make returning to Home screen look seamless and natural.
- New: New Pro mode features and descriptions
- New: Vlog feature for videos
- Optimization: Pro mode parameter naming
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox
- Updated Android Security Patch to March 2020. Increased system security.
- App lock
- New: App lock is supported for all apps now
- New: Revamped the start page and optimized some features
- Data usage
- Fix: Data usage warning appeared multiple times
Steps to Install MIUI China Stable ROM on Mi Mix 2S
We’ve shared two flashing methods to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi devices such as the Recovery method or Fastboot method. Check out the guide below. Make sure to follow the requirements and download links.
GetDroidTips won’t be held liable for any kind of error that may occur to your phone by following this guide or flashing any file. Take a full backup before doing anything and proceed at your own risk.
- The ROM supported for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S only. Don’t try it on other models.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of internal data (No Root).
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install all the following tools and drivers on your computer.
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and Install it on the computer. (for Fastboot Method)
Installation Steps: MIUI 12 China Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2S
Now, after following all the requirements and downloading the files or tools, you’re ready to install the firmware.
Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve installed or updated the latest MIUI firmware on your Mi Mix 2S successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.