Just like some other smartphone OEMs, Xiaomi also becomes quite active and fast enough in terms of providing firmware updates to its devices this year. After releasing the MIUI 11 update for the Mi 9 model, this is the third update that arrives in China with a software version V184.108.40.206.QFACNXM based on Android 9 Pie. The new update brings bug fixes and improvements. If you’re already using the MIUI 220.127.116.11 version on your Mi 9, then check this guide. Now, you can download MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM for Mi 9 from here.
The new software update offers the November 2019 Android Security Patch level to the device that fixes a major vulnerability in the System Component that could harm the system and data on Android devices. It also brings improved system stability for enhanced user experience. The Mi 9 (Codenamed as cepheus) Chinese variant users will soon receive the OTA update. Meanwhile, you can check for OTA updates or manually install the firmware as well.
Check OTA Update
The firmware is rolling over-the-air via gradual mode. Therefore, some of the users may not get the OTA update at the same time. Either you can wait for the OTA notification or manually check for it.
Ensure that your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and should have at least 50% battery level.
Next, head over to the device Settings menu > About Phone > Software update > Check for update. Additionally, you can directly go to the Software Updater app to check OTA as well. If the latest V22.214.171.124.QFACNXM update is available, just download and install it.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Data usage
- Fix: Items related to exceptions weren’t always displayed accurately
- Fix: Searching for apps made the device slow down
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 126.96.36.199 China Stable ROM for Mi 9 [cepheus]
To install the update manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads before flashing.
- This MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM file is only supported for the Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus).
- Try to fully charge your device before installing the firmware.
- We will recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Instructions to Install: MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Mi 9
After following all the pre-requirements and downloads properly, now you can proceed to the guide in order to install MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM update on your Mi 9 via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you have found this guide useful and successfully updated the November 2019 security patch on your Mi 9 (cepheus) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.