Xiaomi Redmi 6A (codenamed cactus) received the MIUI 11 update recently, now the company started upgrading the device to December 2019 security patch. The update is now live with build number V18.104.22.168.PCBMIXM and based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you’re using the Redmi 6A Global variant and want to install the update, you can follow this full guide to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM. There is no major changes to the update apart from security patch integration.
As we said, this update is now live for users around the globe. If you haven’t received the OTA update on your Redmi 6A (cactus), then you can manually install the MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 6A by following this guide. But before flashing the device via recovery mode, I suggest you check the OTA update on your device.
Check for OTA Manually
Xiaomi is always very quick in upgrading their devices to the latest security patch in time. If you have not received the software version V188.8.131.52.PCBMIXM on your Redmi 6A, then make sure to to follow the below simple steps to check the new OTA on your phone.
- Go to Settings menu > tap on About Phone > tap on Software Update.
- If the latest V184.108.40.206.PCBMIXM update is available on your Redmi 6A device, then simply download and install it.
Whereas, if the update isn’t arriving on your device, you can manually install the firmware update by following the guide below.
Now, let’s take a look at the update changelog below:
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Couldn’t open the Notification shade in some cases
- Optimization: More obvious naming for local time
- Optimization: Localized payment security icon for India
- Xiaomi Cloud
- Fix: An error message saying that IMEI couldn’t be identified appeared multiple times
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A (cactus)
To install the update manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads before flashing.
- This MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM file is only supported for the Xiaomi Redmi 6A.
- Try to fully charge your device before installing the firmware.
- We will recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Download Required files
Instructions to install
After following all the pre-requirements and downloads properly, now you can proceed to the guide in order to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable ROM update on your Redmi 6A via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.
You can also check out the full-depth tutorial video from below:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you have found this guide useful and successfully updated the MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM on your Redmi 6A (cactus) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.