Today in China started rolling MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM for Mi 6X (codenamed wayne) with software version V22.214.171.124.PDCCNXM. The update is rolling via OTA (Over the air) for users in China which are based on Android 9.0 Pie. You can download and install the update manually.
This new update brings no major changes except the latest April 2020 Android Security Patch, app locks now support all apps, revamped the start page and optimized some of its features. As mentioned, the firmware update bumps up a new software version V126.96.36.199.PDCCNXM is rolling out via OTA in a gradual manner. Therefore, the OTA update may take some time to arrive on all the units completely. However, you can software updates manually.
Check OTA Updates
If you’re not receiving the firmware OTA update on your handset, you can manually check the OTA update via the phone Settings > About Phone > Software Update. If any software update is available, just download and install it.
Alternatively, you can go to the Software Updater app on your Xiaomi device to check the OTA update. Make sure that your handset is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to April 2020. Increased system security.
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM on Mi 6X (wayne)
We’ve shared two flashing methods to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi devices such as the Recovery method or Fastboot method. Check out the guide below. Make sure to follow the requirements and download links.
- The ROM supported for Xiaomi Mi 6X (wayne) only. Don’t try it on other models.
- Charge your phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- Take a complete backup of internal data (No Root).
- You will need a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Download and Install all the following tools and drivers on your computer.
- Download V184.108.40.206.PDCCNXM Firmware – Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
- Xiaomi USB Drivers – Download and Install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Xiaomi Mi Flash tool – Download and Install it on the computer. (for Fastboot Method)
Now, after following all the requirements and downloading the files or tools, you’re ready to install the firmware.Steps to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve installed or updated the latest MIUI firmware on your Mi 6X successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.