The Redmi 8 (codename-olive) is currently getting a massive software update with build V126.96.36.199.PCNINXM. This update is for the Indian variant of the device and it is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The latest update brings the October 2019 security patch, optimization for full-screen devices improves touch control and optimizes the speed of Mi-Share. It also brings game turbo and new design and more options for the App Vault. To know more about the latest update, you can refer to the complete official changelog posted in this guide. Here in this guide download and install MIUI 188.8.131.52 India Stable ROM for Redmi 8.
Although users will receive the software update, over-the-air, it will be rolling in a phase-wise manner. So, if you wish for an instant update instead, then we also have the Recovery ROM and the Fastboot ROM, which you can manually install and update your Redmi 8 to the V184.108.40.206.PCNINXM build.
Check OTA Update Manually
Like we mentioned that OTA will be out in phases, so, you may not get to see the update right away. So, instead of waiting, why not manually search for the update.? To do it, go to the device Settings menu > tap on About Phone > select Software Update.
If the latest MIUI 220.127.116.11 Indian Stable ROM (V18.104.22.168.PCNINXM) update is available, then tap on the Download and Install. Wait while the update installation takes place and your device will reboot automatically with the new software.
So, here is the official changelog for the V22.214.171.124.PCNINXM update for the Redmi 8.
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- More features
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Record and track your menstruation cycle
- Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security
- Device Name: Xiaomi Redmi 8 [olive]
- Region: India
- Software Version: MIUI V126.96.36.199.PCNINXM
- Android OS: Android 9.0 Pie
- Security Patch Level: October 2019
In case, the above procedure doesn’t work, then the next workaround is to manually flash the PCNINXM update via recovery or Fastboot method.
- This ROM file is for Redmi 8 (Indian Variant) only. Don’t try it on any other Xiaomi devices.
- Fully charge your device or at least keep above 60% to skip accidental shut down during the installation process.
- Make sure to take a full backup of the device data without Root.
- You will require a Windows/Mac PC or Laptop and a USB cable as well.
- We assume that you have already download and installed the Xiaomi USB Driver and Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
Steps to Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Indian Stable ROM for Redmi 8
There are two ways to install the ROM zip manually on the Redmi 8. Either by flashing the recovery ROM or by using the Fastboot ROM. We have put up a detailed guide on the same along with a video tutorial to provide you with a practical approach. Check this out.How to install MIUI 11 based Recovery or Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Device Video tutorial to Install latest MIUI 11 Software by Fastboot Method
That’s about it. If you are based out of the Indian region and use the Redmi 8, then watch out for the incoming OTA update. Otherwise, to update now, download the ROM and flash it using our guide. We hope that this tutorial was useful o you.