The Chinese OEM Xiaomi has taken its Redmi brand to another level when it comes to budget category Android smartphones from price to performance ratio. The Xiaomi Redmi 8 is one of them and launched in October 2019 at a very cheap price tag that offers nice design, dual rear cameras, fingerprint sensor, a 5000mAh battery, Google Lens support, etc. Currently, the company has started rolling out MIUI 126.96.36.199 India Stable ROM for Redmi 8 [V188.8.131.52.PCNINXM] that you can install from this article.
The new firmware update comes with a software version V184.108.40.206.PCNINXM based on Android 9.0 Pie for the Indian units. It brings the updated January 2020 Android Security Patch Level that improves the system security and fixes a vulnerability in the Media framework that could harm Android devices. There is nothing extra included in this update. So, if you’re Redmi 8 Indian unit user and want to upgrade your handset, then you can follow the firmware installation guide below.
Changelog: MIUI 220.127.116.11 India Stable ROM for Redmi 8
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security
Check OTA Updates
Xiaomi is faster enough to complete the firmware update roll-out process. However, OTA updates waving in a phased manner and can take longer than usual to some of the units. Therefore, we will recommend you to check for OTA updates manually on your device.
- Open the Settings menu on your handset >> tap on About Phone >> tap on Software update.
- Alternatively, you can directly check for the OTA update from the Software Updater app on your device.
- If the latest software update V18.104.22.168.PCNINXM is available to download, simply grab it.
- Ensure that the device has left 50% charge at least and try to connect the device to a Wi-Fi network for faster & stable download process.
How to Install MIUI 22.214.171.124 India Stable ROM for Redmi 8 [V126.96.36.199.PCNINXM]
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi 8 (Indian variant) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 188.8.131.52 India Stable ROM on Redmi 8. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi 8 successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.