Updated on October 14, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled the MIUI 12 update for the Poco F1 device globally with software version V188.8.131.52.QEJMIXM.
Updated on July 15, 2020: Today Xiaomi rolled the June 2020 security patch to the Poco F1 (Codename: beryllium) globally with version V184.108.40.206.QEJMIXM. The update has no major changes apart from security patch and regular bug fix. If you are using the Poco F1, you can manually download and install MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM on Poco F1 based on Android 10.
As we speak, the update has already started rolling over the air for users globally in a phased manner. It may take days or weeks to reach every device around the corner. In case, if you are not patient enough to wait, then follow this guide to install the update on your Poco F1 (beryllium).
Manually Check OTA Updates
Before moving to the guide, we recommend you to first check if the OTA is already available for your device manually. To do that, go to the phone Settings > About Phone > Software update. Additionally, you can perform this task via the Software Updater app directly. If the software version is available, you can grab it.
Before downloading the OTA update, make sure to charge the phone battery up to 50% minimum and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
However, if you’re not getting the latest OTA update due to some unfortunate reason, don’t worry. You can follow the firmware installation guide below for your Xiaomi Poco F1 model.
Downloads and Changelog:
- System animations
- New: All-new physically based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- System visuals
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make content structure clear.
- Super wallpapers
- Fix: Status bar colors weren’t displayed correctly in the Dark mode
- In accordance with the requests of the local authorities, Mi Video, slow-motion videos, AI soundtrack, dictated subtitles, and selected preview functionality will no longer be available in India. Related app icons will disappear from the Home screen.
- Privacy protection
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- Floating windows
- New: Pull down a notification sent by a messenger app to turn it into a floating window.
- New: Floating windows keep apps running in the foreground even when you pause to do other things.
- New: You can minimize a floating window using a full screen gesture.
- Control center
- New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control center
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- Dark mode
- New: Dark mode support is also provided for third party apps now.
- New: Contrast is lowered automatically in low light conditions to protect your eyes.
- New: Wallpapers can be displayed in darker palette when your device switches to Dark mode.
- New: You can hide private items while casting and minimize the window to multitask.
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Status bar wasn’t displayed correctly with color inversion
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox
- Updated Android Security Patch to June 2020. Increased system security
How to Install MIUI Global Stable ROM for Poco F1 (beryllium)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Poco F1 (beryllium) only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
We recommend to take a full backup first. GetDroidTips will not be held responsible for any type of issue on your device while or after following this guide or even flashing any file. So, proceed at your own risk.
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI Global Stable ROM on Poco F1. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Poco F1 (beryllium) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.