Xiaomi has started rolling out the latest MIUI 11 update to its eligible devices over OTA via batches. First, the company released a Chinese beta update and now they are rolling MIUI 11 stable ROM for both Indian and Chinese variant devices. As we speak, Xiaomi started rolling MIUI 126.96.36.199 China Stable ROM for Redmi S2/Y2 (codenamed: ysl) based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update is only for the Redmi S2/Y2 Chinese variant and there is no confirmation on global release. If you want to try, here we have shared the ROM download link, flash tools, and installation steps below.
The latest update is now rolling for Redmi S2/Y2 in China with software version V188.8.131.52.PEFCNXM. The latest OTA update is in incremental mode and will take some time to arrive on all Redmi S2/Y2 Chinese variant devices. If you’re using the device over China Stable ROM, check for OTA updates manually. Otherwise, you can also install the firmware manually. The firmware update brings most of the Android 9.0 Pie core features along with its own customized features. Such as new UI, always-on display, nature sounds, Mi Share, tasks, doc viewer, printing, and some bug fixes.
- Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create the system where nothing stands between you and the content
- Always-on display
- Always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7.
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
- Sounds of nature
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: More clock formats for Always-on display
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off screen
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off screen
- Optimization: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
- Fix: Fingerprint icon wasn’t always displayed on the Lock screen
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Other improvements and optimizations
- Optimization: Reduced noise at low volume for music, videos, and games
Check Software Update (OTA)
If your Redmi S2/Y2 China variant device isn’t receiving the software OTA updates then check for the OTA update manually. If the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 China Stable ROM for Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl) update is available, simply download and install it.
Head to the device Settings > tap on the About Phone > tap on Software Update.
Steps to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl)
First of all, check out all the requirements, download links, and more. Then, proceed to the installation steps.
- This guide is for Xiaomi Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl) only.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required to connect your device with the computer.
- For safety reasons, make sure to take a complete backup.
- Now, you will have to install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- Download and install the ADB and Fastboot Tools on your PC.
- Make sure to install the latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your computer as well.
- Plug your device to the charger and charge it to full.
MIUI V18.104.22.168.PEFCNXM – Recovery ROM | OTA ROM
Instructions to Install:
Now, you’re all set to install the latest MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Redmi S2/Y2 (ysl) device manually. Follow the installation guide completely.
Additionally, you can also check out our full-depth guide video from below:
We hope that the guide of installation will be helpful to you. For any queries, do let us know in the comments below.