After releasing the MIUI 11 update for the Mi CC9 (codenamed pyxis), this is the third update that arrives in China with a software version V22.214.171.124.PFCCNXM based on Android 9 Pie. The new update brings the January 2020 patch and the system stability improvements. If you’re already using the MIUI 126.96.36.199 version on your Mi CC9, then check this guide. Now, you can download MIUI 188.8.131.52 China Stable ROM for Mi CC9 from here.
The new software update offers the January 2020 Android Security Patch level to the device that fixes a major vulnerability in the System Component that could harm the system and data on Android devices. It also brings improved system stability for enhanced user experience. The Mi CC9 (pyxis) Chinese variant users will soon receive the OTA update. Meanwhile, you can check for OTA updates or manually install the firmware as well.
Check OTA Update
The firmware is rolling over-the-air via gradual mode. Therefore, some of the users may not get the OTA update at the same time. Either you can wait for the OTA notification or manually check for it.
Ensure that your phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and should have at least 50% battery level.
Next, head over to the device Settings menu > About Phone > Software update > Check for update. Additionally, you can directly go to the Software Updater app to check OTA as well. If the latest V184.108.40.206.PFCCNXM update is available, just download and install it.
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2020. Increased system security.
- Status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Data usage
- Fix: Errors occurred after switching SIM cards
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Steps to Install MIUI 220.127.116.11 China Stable ROM for Mi CC9 [pyxis]
To install the update manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads before flashing.
- This MIUI 18.104.22.168 China Stable ROM file is only supported for the Xiaomi Mi CC9 (pyxis).
- Try to fully charge your device before installing the firmware.
- We will recommend you to take a complete backup of device data without root.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB cable are required.
Instructions to Install: MIUI 22.214.171.124 China Stable ROM for Mi CC9
After following all the pre-requirements and downloads properly, now you can proceed to the guide in order to install MIUI 126.96.36.199 China Stable ROM update on your Mi CC9 via Recovery or Fastboot method manually.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We hope you have found this guide useful and successfully updated the January 2020 security patch on your Mi CC9 (pyxis) device. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.