Well, you read it right! You can now install the MIUI 11 on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (Plus) (codenamed z2_plus) based on Android 9.0 Pie. Thanks to Techie_pulkit for sharing this on XDA forum. As per thread report, this ROM is based on Android 9.0 Pie under the hood.
To install MIUI 11 on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (z2_plus), you have to unlock the bootloader and install the latest TWRP Recovery. MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware which is created by Xiaomi and also supported for many Non-Xiaomi devices. We have already shared the complete list of official and unofficial devices to support MIUI 11 ROM.
What’s new on MIUI 11?
MIUI 11 is a big step up from MIUI 10 in terms of refinement and polishing. Alongside Redmi Note 8 series, Xiaomi launched the MIUI 11 in India in October 2019. With the new Ui and refreshed design, Xiaomi has also added the system-wide dark mode, Always-on display, breathing life notification, and many more. In this guide, you can taste all the features by using the new MIUI 11 build on Lenovo ZUK Z2.
Features of MIUI 11:
- Dark Mode
- Always on Display
- Breathing Notification light.
- Faster Face Unlock + Fingerprint Unlock
- Automatic Screenshot Management
- Unlock by voice command
- New App Drawer
- New sound effects (partly with Dolby)
- Improved AI Features
- Status bar optimization
- Battery charge status on an info screen
- Private albums for videos
- Refreshed icons and Smoother Animations
- Improved energy saving functions like Monochrome
Steps to Install MIUI 11 on Lenovo ZUK Z2 (z2_plus):
To install MIUI 11 on your device first, unlock the Lenovo ZUK Z2 (z2_plus) bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Also, make sure to download and follow the pre-requisites very carefully.
What's Working and What's Not?
Almost everything, check bugs!
What doesn’t work / Bugs:
- Supported device: Lenovo ZUK Z2 (z2_plus) device.
- You need to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- Download the required TWRP file, MIUI 11 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your Lenovo ZUK Z2.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device’s internal storage.
- first, flash the TWRP Recovery by following this guide.
- Next, reboot your Lenovo ZUK Z2 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- Now take a backup your ROM. Just to be on a safe side
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it. [Remember this will wipe all your data from your Lenovo ZUK Z2]
- In the recovery menu, tap on Install button >> Select the ROM zip from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Flash the Magisk zip file from the Install option.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the MIUI 11 on your Lenovo ZUK Z2 (z2_plus) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.