Are you a OnePlus 6T user and looking for an aftermarket ROM? Then you’re in the right place. In this article, we will share with you the steps to Download and Install MIUI 11 on OnePlus 6T based on Android 10. MIUI is a custom skin that runs on Xiaomi and Redmi devices officially as a Stock ROM & officially developed for Xiaomi devices. Meanwhile, due to the customization & developer-friendly UI, the MIUI ROM is also available for plenty of other Android devices as well.
A special thanks to ProtoDeVNan0, XDA senior member for sharing this ROM on the XDA forum and MounirHero for maintaining and testing it. This a ported ROM from Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 (MIUI 11.1_9.11.21) for the OnePlus 6T based on the Android 10 version. If you’re running OxygenOS DP3 or H2OS based on Android 10 with an unlocked bootloader, then you can flash this ported ROM on your OnePlus 6T. Additionally, the TWRP Recovery should be installed on your device to flash the file.
MIUI 11: Overview
As the name suggests, MIUI 11 is the successor version of the previous generation MIUI 10 ROM. The new version was launched in October 2019 that brings huge improvements and additions. It offers a whole new UI with redesigned UI elements, dark mode, nature sounds, Always-on display, breathing notifications, etc. Additionally, this new version offers a new app drawer, automatic screenshot management, status bar & lock screen optimization, printing service, Mi Doc Viewer, and more.
MIUI 11 on OnePlus 6T: Features
- Stock Mi Mix 3 MIUI 11.1_9.11.21 Android 10 Debloated
- GAPPS included.
- Automated Flasher.
- MIUI AOD Works.
- Themes, Wallpapers, Ringtones work!
- Live wallpaper works!
- Full-Screen Gestures work!
- Mi AI works!
- Google Assistant work!
- Global Dark Mode!
- Notch Hiding!
- GCam Support!
- TWRP Prebuilt!
- Magisk Core Preinstalled!
- And more!
What's Working and What's Not Working?
- Almost everything
What doesn’t work / Bugs:
- MIUI 10 bugs (framework related)
- Auto Rotation (use a third-party app).
- FOD, Face Unlock.
- Can’t set lock pattern/pin/password (encryption/fingerprint issue).
Steps to Install MIUI 11 on OnePlus 6T (Android 10)
Before heading over to the firmware installation steps, make sure to unlock the device bootloader and install the TWRP Recovery at first.
- OnePlus 6T model is supported only for this ROM.
- Unlock the OnePlus 6T Bootloader.
- Charge the phone battery up to 60% minimum.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Take a full backup of the phone data without Root.
- You need to download the firmware file, USB Drivers, TWRP file from below.
Instructions to Install:
- We assume that you’ve followed all the requirements and download all the files.
- Flash OxygenOS 10 or H2OS 10 or DP3 Q – any one of them.
- Reboot to fastboot mode and make sure that the bootloader should be unlocked.
- Next, flash the TWRP Recovery (Guide)
- Boot into TWRP and make sure that you’re on Slot ‘A’.
- Now, connect your device to a PC via a USB cable.
- Unpack Mi Mix 3 MIUI 11_9.11.21 OnePlus 6T (rar) file.
- Double click on Clean Flasher.bat file to flash. (may take 5-10 minutes)
- Now, the device will boot into the new MIUI 11 system automatically.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
- You don’t have to flash anything like GApps. Just install the Magisk APK if you need root access.
Let’s assume that you’ve found this guide helpful and you’ve flashed the MIUI 11 ported ROM on your OnePlus 6T successfully. For any queries, let us know in the comments below.