Your Samsung Galaxy A50 doesn’t have the IP68 certification like the flagship models but it still has a pretty tight casing secured with strong glue. And the fact that it has a non-removable battery is evident that any liquid would have a hard time getting into it. However, the USB charging port always opens and while the liquid may still not be able to get into the phone through it, you’d still be bogged down by the ‘Moisture detected’ error is some residue enters the port. As a result, you won’t be able to charge your device using its cable without drying off the port first.
In this post, I will guide you on what you need to do if your Galaxy A50 keeps showing the moisture detected error. This problem is pretty minor that you’d be able to make your device work perfectly again by doing some pretty basic troubleshooting procedures. If your phone happens to get into contact with water then chances are you will be getting the moisture detected error on the device. What you should do when this happens is to make sure that the phone is dry. Wipe the exterior part with a soft cloth. If there is liquid present in the phone charging port then use a hairdryer to remove this liquid. You can also set aside the device in a cool dry place to let the liquid evaporate naturally. Once the phone is dry try to check if the issue still occurs.
Possible Reasons Behind the Issue
There could be a lot of reasons for the error, some of them can be as follows:
- Wet charging port
- Damaged charging port
- App issue
- Unknown software glitch
- Bad hardware
Quick Device Specs
Samsung Galaxy A50 is a mid-range smartphone with a premium design, Super AMOLED screen, an in-display fingerprint reader, a triple camera, and a large battery. The phone features a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED screen with Full HD+ resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, and a U-shaped notch. It features a 25MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture. There is a triple-camera setup at the rear, which consists of a 25MP sensor, an 8MP sensor, and a 5MP sensor that can record 4K videos. There is a 25MP selfie camera at the front. The Galaxy A50 runs Android 9 Pie-based One UI and uses the Exynos 9610 chipset. The phone has GPS, a dual-SIM card slot, 4G connectivity, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, a USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. It lasts long, too, thanks to a 4000mAh battery which supports 15W fast charging.
Fix Moisture Detected Error on Samsung Galaxy A50
Check the port
Moisture detected error usually pops up if the charging port is wet or has traces of liquid in it. This can happen after exposing the device to water or liquid, or when using it in humid environments. This error is a reminder for the user not to charge the phone unless the port is dry.
Water naturally evaporates after some time so there’s no need for you to do anything except to wait. Once the charging port is clear of water or moisture, the error should also go away.
Check for any accessory problem
If Moisture detected error remains even after you’ve thoroughly dried the phone already, there may be other factors behind the trouble. The moisture detected error may show up even when the phone is dry if a charging accessory or port is damaged. To see if the issue is caused by a charging cable or adapter, try to charge the device using another known working cable or adapter. If it won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Samsung store or Service Center so a qualified Samsung technician can examine the hardware.
Troubleshoot apps in Safe Mode
In case you don’t know what is safe mode, in safe mode, the system temporarily disable all third-party applications you installed on your device. By doing this we can figure out which app is occurring the problem. Follow the below step to turn Safe Mode on:
- Turn OFF the device.
- Press and hold your device’s Power button till the model name screen.
- When the SAMSUNG logo appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
After figuring out the apps which are creating the problem, follow the below steps to uninstall it(if required):
- Open Settings from Launcher.
- Tap on Apps.
- Tap See All Apps.
- Tap an app that you want to uninstall
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK to confirm.
- Open the Settings from the launcher.
- Scroll to and tap General management.
- Tap Reset.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset to continue.
- Tap Delete All to confirm the action.
- Turn off your phone.
- Once it is turned off. Press and hold the power/Bixby and volume down button simultaneously until the Android logo pops up.
- When the green Android logo displays, release both buttons.
- The Recovery screen menu will now appear
- Use the Volume Down button until you are highlighting ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data/factory reset.’
- Use Volume Down to highlight Yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm the action to clear your phone data.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix Moisture Detected Error on Samsung Galaxy A50. Are you facing any problems and issues other than this with your Galaxy A50? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to Galaxy A50’s issues and guides. Here is the Galaxy A50 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Samsung Galaxy devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Samsung store or Service Center so a qualified Samsung technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own a Galaxy Device, or any Android device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ Android Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Galaxy are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- After Update, My Galaxy A50 YouTube Crashing or Not Playing: How to Fix?
- My Galaxy A50 is slow to respond and it lags: Troubleshoot
- Galaxy A50 has No Internet When I Turn ON Mobile Data. How to Fix?
- How to Fix If Gallery App Crash on Galaxy A50 after Update?
- My Galaxy A50 Lagging After a Software Update. How to Fix?
- Contact app crashing and has stopped: Troubleshoot on Galaxy A50
- After the Galaxy A50 update, Facebook/Instagram app is crashing: How to Fix?