Last updated on March 17th, 2021 at 11:53 am
Carrying out administrator level operations like flashing custom ROMs, unlocking bootloaders, flashing custom recoveries etc on an Android device is fun until you break something and your device fails to boot up. Unlocking a bootloader is one of the simplest tweaks you can make on an Android phone, and it’s even easier on the Motorola Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus as the OEM has simplified the process and even published a guide on how to do that on the official Motorola website.
However, after unlocking the bootloader on these devices, you still get a warning message about the dangers of the process every time you turn on or reboot the smartphone, which can be quite annoying and make you look like a newbie in Android tweaking. If you fall into this category, you will learn how to remove that annoying warning message on your Moto G5S and Mote G5S Plus in this article.
Problem: Warning message displayed on Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus during reboot after unlocking bootloader
Before You Start:
Here is everything you need to know before you start the process of removing the unwanted warning message on your Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus. This includes file downloads you need to make, things you need to set up on your phone and PC, and guides you should refer to if you’re new to this. Tweaking on Android is a risky process and you need to set things up as perfectly as you can before going into it.
- How to install ADB and FastBoot on Windows.
- How to install ADB and FastBoot on Mac.
- Download Motorola USB Drivers.
- Logo.bin file Recommended || Full Size.
- On your phone, go to Settings >> Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging setting.
- Also, enable OEM unlock in Developer Options.
- Install ADB and Fastboot, if you haven’t already.
- Note the location of the logo.bin file in your local memory. For best performance, keep it in the same folder as your Fastboot installation.
- Turn off your smartphone and unplug it from any socket or power outlet.
- Boot it into bootloader by pressing and holding down the volume down and power buttons together for around 6 seconds.
- When the bootloader screen comes on, connect the device to your PC.
- On your PC, open File Explorer and navigate to the location of the logo.bin file, right-click on an empty space in the window while holding the shift key on your keyboard. Then select Open command window here to launch a command prompt for that file location.
- Run the following command in the command prompt:
fastboot flash logo logo.bin.
- The above command sets the boot logo to the logo.bin you downloaded. Now run
fastboot rebootin the command line to reboot the smartphone.
And voila! you’re done removing the warning message that appears on reboot when you unlock the bootloader of your Moto G5S and Moto G5S Plus.
- You can use another image if you desire, but make sure it’s in .bin format first.
- If you’re using the logos provided in this article, download the one tagged Recommended. The original version has a visual flaw that might affect user experience.