As usual Android Pie is having a slow start when it comes to updates. It will take months or even years when it comes to updating the older version of Android smartphones. Finally, Motorola has started rolling the Android 9.0 Pie update to Motorola One Power in India. The update already started rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users in a phase-wise manner. Waiting for the official Motorola One Power Android 9.0 Pie update? If yes, then we have a complete guide on how to install Motorola One Power Android 9.0 Pie Update.
The update is now live and available to download here. If you didn’t get the update or you are not patience to wait for the OTA, then you can download the full firmware and flash the update via using this simple guide to upgrade from Android 8.0 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on Motorola One Power.
Android 9.0 Pie Update OTA Changelog:
This update introduces changes including the following:
- Upgrade system from Android O to Android P
- Add LTE+LTE (Dual Volte) feature
- Add Panorama feature for camera
- Camera improvements
- Android security update through 1 November 2018
Android 9.0 Pie Update
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Well, let us now take a quick look at some of the most important features of Android 9 Pie. Should we?
Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Here are some of the main features of the Android 9 Pie:
- Gestures: With this release of Android, the Google removed the original home button with a pill that supports gestures. For instance, the users can slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- New Recent Apps menu: With the earlier versions of Android, there used to be a stacked card list of Recent Apps. This is now replaced with a horizontal card list.
- New User Interface: The Android 9 Pie has an all-new user interface which is even more minimal. Google has used the Color Sche,e which they call it as Material Design 2 with this version of Android.
- Dashboard: Also known as Digital Wellbeing is One of our personal favorite features of the Android 9 Pie is the addition of a Dashboard. Now, the dashboard is that feature which would help you track your overall usage. Users can track the app(s) usage, sleep and more. The objective here is to prevent distractions and focus on productive things.
- Slices: With earlier versions of Android, when we search for an app on Android, the app icon itself comes up. But with this version of Android, Google is going to show you information that’s embedded within apps.
Steps to Install Motorola One Power Android 9.0 Pie Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
- You should be running 100% Stock ROM with no system modifications of any kind.
- This file is only for the Indian variant of the Motorola One Power.
- You should already have the September security patch update installed on your device.
- Charge the Motorola One Power to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
Instructions to install:
- Download from the link and move it to the root of your internal storage(not in any folder like Downloads etc). Put it outside all folders.
- Go to Settings > Apps & Notifications > Show all apps > 3dot menu (top right of the screen) > show system apps
- Find Motorola Update Services and give it storage permission.
- Go to Updates screen and check for update. It will show up. Install as any normal OTA. Enjoy Pie!
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Motorola One Power Android 9.0 Pie Update.
Motorola One Power Specifications:
Motorola One Power (codenamed chef) launched in August 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and will soon upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. Talking about the specifications, Motorola One Power features a 6.2-inches Notched IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.8 GHz Kyro-260 Octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 coupled with 3/4/6GB of RAM and Adreno 509 GPU. The phone packs 32/64GB of internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Motorola One Power comes with Dual 16MP (f/1.8) + 5MP (f/2.2) phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash camera, and 12MP front shooting camera.