In this guide, we will explain to you how you can move Google Photos from one Google account to another. Sometimes to arrange the image collection in a better way people shuffle their photos between various accounts. So, is there any easy way to accomplish this..?
Normally, to move Google Photos from one account to another you can download them from your source account. Then you can upload them to the target account. However, this is a very time taking process. In today’s date, the image quality has greatly improved when shot on a smartphone, thus making them of high quality. So, downloading a bunch of high-resolution images and then uploading them is a time-consuming process. Also, it will be very boring to do.
Table of Contents
Using Takeout to Move Google Photos
Another similar method is to use Google Takeout and download your visual content in a zip format. Then upload the same in your target account. Again, it will consume some of your precious time. So, let’s take at some other methods to migrate our Google Photos and Photo Albums.
Two methods to Migrate Google Photos
Let’s check out two ways by which we can move our Photos between two accounts.
Adding a Partner Account
Sending the Invitation
- Open Google Photos app
- Tap on the menu button (3-horizontal bar button)
- In the drop-down menu tap on Settings
- Under Settings, tap on Shared Libraries
- Type the name of the account to which you want to share/move your Google Photos.
- You can choose All Photos if you want to move your complete collection of images. Or else you can select photos for a specific timeline
- Tap on Send Invitation
Accepting the Invitation
- On your selected second account, you will receive the request you send in the first phase.
- In case you use two accounts from the same smartphone, tap on the email profile picture to switch accounts.
- From the second account go to Google Photos > tap on 3-bar menu button
- tap on Accept.
- Hit on Sharing tab > Access the Photo Library which you intend to share from the first account.
- Tap on the 3-dot button > Settings > Save to Library > Set to All Photos
Removing the Partner Account
After you finish transferring the Photos, you can remove the partnering account.
- Go to Google Photos
- Switch to the first account
- Tap on Sharing tab
- Select Photos Shared with
- Tap on the 3-dot button > select Shared Library Settings
- Hit on Remove Partner
In the above process we discussed you cannot manually select the photos. To do that you have to create a shared album. Now, let’s talk on how to do that.
- Open Google Photos
- We start from the first account from where we have the photos to move.
- Tap on Albums > New Album > Select and pick the photos you want to store in it
- Once the Album is created, you can add more images to it.
- After you have added your choice of images it’s time to share the same.
- You can see the Share symbol. Tap on it.
- You will see a list of peoples in your Contacts(presented by email) that you can choose to send to.
- Select the email/person and tap on Send
Let’s say I shared with my own second account(or whoever you share it with). I will receive a notification regarding the album shared with me. To check it do the following
- Go to the Second account [switch from the first/sender account by tapping on the profile picture]
- Tap on Sharing
- Select the photos you wish to keep and tap on Add to the Library icon.
- Now photos will start to download and share with the receiver
After the image sharing is done, the sender can disable sharing by doing this.
- On the first account go to Sharing > Options > Turn off the toggle beside Share
That’s it. We hope that you can use these methods to move Google Photos from one account to another. Carefully follow the steps. They are simple enough, so the whole process should be a cakewalk for you. Still, if you got any doubt, let us know in the comments section.
You May Also Like,