Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is offering daily and weekly challenges to progress in the multiplayer mode where players can easily unlock new weapons, blueprints, and more. Interested players can get into the challenges every week to build a better armoury. There are plenty of guns available in the game that use Armoury Unlocks which means players have to reach Level 25 and complete three daily challenges to unlock any weapon. However, some reports claim Modern Warfare daily and weekly challenges not tracking issue.
Multiple reports have started appearing on several online forums that the daily challenges in Modern Warfare 3 are no longer working properly for plenty of players. Meanwhile, some players are even unable to track their daily and weekly challenges progression in COD MWIII 2023. Well, this kind of specific issue did occur a couple of years ago and it’s happening once again. At the time of writing this article, both the zombie progress & other campaigns are experiencing broken track challenges.
It’s more frustrating not receiving expected XP rewards after completing the objectives in Call of Duty Modern Warfare III (2023). This mostly happens with the challenges to the Armory Unlock System that offers several gears, weapons, and other necessary perks. Though Infinity Ward did recently provide a patch update for this issue initially, some of the unfortunate players are describing that the issue is still present. Though the challenges tracking issue isn’t consistent for all players, some are definitely going through this.
- Modern Warfare Daily and Weekly Challenges Not Tracking Issue Fix
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Run Modern Warfare 3 as an Administrator
- 3. Check for Your Internet Connectivity
- 4. Update Modern Warfare III
- 5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
- 6. Check for Activision Online Services
- 7. Sign Out of Your Activision Account and Log Back In
- 8. Check the In-Game Armoury Unlock
- 9. Try Changing In-Game Weapons
- 10. Reinstall Modern Warfare 3
Modern Warfare Daily and Weekly Challenges Not Tracking Issue Fix
The chances are high that somehow an outdated game patch version, corrupted or missing game files, temporary glitches on the system, Activision account syncing issues, game installation conflicts, Activision online services issues, bugs with the in-game weapons or challenge modes, etc are one of the possible reasons behind this issue. Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some workarounds that should come in handy. So, make sure to follow all methods until the problem has been fixed. Now, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Restart the PC
First of all, you’ll need to restart your computer before doing any other workarounds to easily refresh system glitches or cache data issues. Even though this trick won’t gonna help everyone, it’s recommended to perform it once. Just go to the Start menu > Click the Power icon > Select Restart.
2. Run Modern Warfare 3 as an Administrator
You should run the Call of Duty Modern Warfare III game application as an administrator on Windows to allow the system user account control permission. Without having permission, some applications might not work properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the COD: MWIII application on your PC.
- Select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Now, click on Apply > Select OK to save changes.
- Once done, run the game to check for the issue again.
3. Check for Your Internet Connectivity
It’s suggested to check your internet connection at your end to ensure there is no network issue or not. A slow or unstable internet connection can basically cause multiple issues whatsoever. If you’re using a wired (ethernet) connection, try using a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection or vice versa to check for the issue. You can also try using a different network to cross-check it.
4. Update Modern Warfare III
Sometimes an outdated game patch version can trouble you a lot due to some stability issues or bugs. It’s recommended to check for the game updates manually by following the steps below.
- Open Battle.net.
- Click on Game Library > Choose Modern Warfare III.
- Now, click on the cog wheel icon.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Make sure to download & install the update, if available.
- Open Steam > Go to Game Library.
- Right-click on Modern Warfare III.
- Select Properties > Click on Updates.
- Head over to Automatic Updates.
- Select Only update this game when I launch it.
- It’ll automatically install updates whenever available.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes corrupted or missing game files on the PC might also trouble you while starting the game. It’s always better to verify and repair the game files by following the steps below on your PC to avoid errors.
- Open Battle.net > Click on Modern Warfare III.
- Select the Cog Wheel icon next to the Play button.
- Now, select Scan and Repair > Wait for the repair to complete.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Modern Warfare III in your library.
- Go to Settings and select Properties.
- Click on Local Files > Select Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
6. Check for Activision Online Services
You can also try checking the Activision Online Services by following the steps below to ensure there is no issue with the server status. Sometimes server status regarding issues might also trouble you a lot with the multiple in-game challenges.
- Visit the Activision Online Services page to check it.
- Select the drop-down menu > Click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III from the list.
- If you’re seeing All Platforms ONLINE then it indicates there is no issue with the game servers at that moment.
- You can also click on the Refresh link to manually refresh the page.
However, if you’re seeing server issues then wait for a couple of hours to check for the same.
7. Sign Out of Your Activision Account and Log Back In
Most of the Call of Duty PC gamers make this common mistake that they don’t connect or link both the Activision and Blizzard accounts. Make sure to link both these accounts properly.
- Visit the Activision webpage > Click on LOGIN from the top-right corner.
- Enter your account credentials and sign in.
- Now, click on PROFILE from the top-right corner.
- From the ACCOUNT LINKING section, simply choose Link With Battle.net Account.
- Once done, you’ll be able to play the MW game easily.
8. Check the In-Game Armoury Unlock
Sometimes players may make some mistakes by not checking the in-game armoury unlock in the Call of Duty Modern Warfare III (2023) game. Several players did mention that conflicts with the MW3 challenge not tracking can be problematic. So, you can try checking out the armoury multiple times.
9. Try Changing In-Game Weapons
If the issue persists, you can try changing in-game weapons to cross-check if the problem has been fixed or not. In case, you are using MW3 weapons to complete the daily and weekly challenges then it might not be tracked properly. Make sure to unlock COD Modern Warfare 3 weapons and then try using them to complete your daily or weekly challenges.
10. Reinstall Modern Warfare 3
If none of the workarounds come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the COD Modern Warfare III (2023) game on your PC. Sometimes issues with the game installation directory may cause multiple conflicts. You should uninstall and reinstall the game by following the steps below.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Go to Library > Right-click on COD MWIII.
- Select Uninstall > Click on Delete to confirm.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
- Exit the Steam client > Open File Explorer.
- Copy & paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on the address bar.
- Press Enter to search for the location.
- Go to the COD MW3 folder > Delete the folder completely.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Finally, open Steam > Reinstall the COD MWIII game again.
- Open the Battle.net client.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III from the left panel.
- Choose the Options menu on the left side.
- Click on Uninstall Game > If prompted, confirm the uninstallation process.
- Once done, close the Battle.net launcher, and reboot the PC.
- Open Battle.net again and reinstall COD: MW3.
- Click on the Options menu > Select Modify Install.
- Select the mode that you want to install.
- Choose Confirm > Hit Start Install.
- Wait for it to complete and launch the game.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.