Finally, Samsung started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy Note FE (SM-N935S). The update is currently started rolling out for Korea’s SK Telecom (SKT) and will soon make available to LG Telecom variant in the Country. Last night, we had shared the Galaxy A7 2017 Android 8.0 Oreo update and now we have one more device to get the Oreo update. With this update, we can assume that Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy Note 7 is around the corner. The upgrade on Galaxy Note FE bumps the build number to N935SKSU3BRD5 based on Samsung Experience 9.0. The security patch level has been stepped up to that of April 2018.
The OTA update weighs almost 1.2GB in Size. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every corner of the world. Currently, if you are living in Russia, then you can check for the latest OTA update by stepping into settings on your Galaxy Note FE. Remember, to receive this update, your phone must be running on Stock Firmware without root or TWRP installed.
This Android OS upgrade bundles together the features like telling dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (such as on Chrome), Better paste and copy, Faster Android behind the scenes, even Better battery life with much more advanced Doze mode, and also more.
Here we have shared the full guide on how to download and install N935SKSU3BRD5 Android Oreo Firmware for Galaxy Note FE. Before that, we request you to check for the software OTA update manually. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software update manually on your device.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update Manually?
Here we will instruct on how to manually capture the Galaxy Note FE Android Oreo update with build number N935SKSU3BRD5.
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- Ensure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery.
- Check that your device has enough storage to download and install the update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Galaxy Note FE it.
Download N935SKSU3BRD5 Firmware
Steps to Install Oreo firmware for Galaxy Note FE
The guide is simple and easy. So before installing the firmware, make sure you have the proper firmware downloaded. Also, read the instructions for installing the firmware. In this guide, we are using latest ODIN Download tool to flash the Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for Galaxy Note FE and other Samsung smartphones.