Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition (FE) is getting the November 2019 security patch in the Korea region. As usual, the update is rolling over-the-air. It is identifiable with its unique build number which goes by N935SKSU4CSK1 / N935KKKU4CSK1. This software update is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
As the software is moving in the air, every user of Galaxy Note Fan Edition will not get it at the same time. So, users can manually check for the OTA. The second option is to manually upgrade the Galaxy Note Fan Edition by flashing the stock firmware of build N935SKSU4CSK1 / N935KKKU4CSK1. If you are worried about how to install the stock ROM on Galaxy Note Fan Edition, then we have got the stock firmware zip file for you. Also, we have got the complete tutorial which will help you flash the firmware.
Security patches are always important for the device. In fact, the November 2019 patch for the Galaxy Note Fan Edition fixes a serious security vulnerability which was initially identified by Google’s Project Zero Analysis Team. This vulnerability can enable remote access of smartphones to hackers. Hopefully, Samsung has been careful enough to roll the update quick to mitigate the issue.
Table of Contents
Usually, OTA update seeds in batch. So, first when the update rolls a limited number of users get it. Then in the subsequent days or weeks more uber of user start getting it. However, instead of waiting for the OTA to show up, you can search it up manually.
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update > tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the November 2019 update N935SKSU4CSK1 / N935KKKU4CSK1 shows up on your device, then tap on the Download button and Install the update. Keep a minimum of 50% battery percentage on your device before you install the update. Also, to download the update fast, you can make use of the Wi-Fi network.
Now, before we flashing the firmware let’s throw a glance on the firmware info.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition
- Model: SM-N935S
- Baseband Version: N935SKSU4CSK1 / N935KKKU4CSK1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-11-01 (November )
- Region: Korea
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0
How to Install N935SKSU4CSK1 / N935KKKU4CSK1 Galaxy Note Fan Edition November 2019 Patch
For the installation, we will use the Samsung exclusive flash tool called ODIN. We have linked it below for you, so you can download it. Also, we have put up some guidelines which you must go through and follow correctly to ensure that the firmware is properly installed on your Galaxy Note Fan Edition.
- The firmware zip file is only for Galaxy Note Fan Edition (SM-N935S). Don’t try to install it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now follow the link given below to download the firmware file for your Galaxy Note Fan Edition
Stock Firmware Installation Guide
Now, considering that you have downloaded the stock ROM and the flash tool ODIN, check out the installation guides given below.
So, now you know how important is the November security patch for the Galaxy Note Fan Edition. So, download and install it now.