Android 9.0 Pie is currently knocking into Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in the US region in all carriers like Verizon, T-Mobile and others will soon follow. This update is for the US carrier with Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Today we also shared the Android Pie for US Unlocked Galaxy Note 9. Speaking of the US-carrier based update, the new software is rolling out with build number N960USQU1CSB3 for Galaxy Note 9 phones.
Check Software Update on Galaxy Note 9
Latest Android 9.0 Pie update N960USQU1CSB3 for Galaxy Note 9 is rolling as over-the-air(OTA) update. Usually, you’ll get a notification on your respective phones. As the OTA update shows up on your phone, then all you have to do is simply download the new software to install it. Sometimes, it happens that you have to wait for the software update, but the OTA may delay a lot and won’t show up. Then to solve this, you can search for the latest OTA update manually. It’s very simple to do.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates
- If the N960USQU1CSB3 update shows up, then download and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Usually, the system upgrade weighs over 1 GB. So, ideally, you should find and connect to a good Wi-Fi network and download the update fast. Wi-Fi network will also save you from getting charged for data by the tele-carrier. Also, make sure to properly charge the battery of your device over 50% before installing the new update. This will help to avoid any power related interruptions during the installation of Pie based system update.
Also, there is another alternative method to get the Android 9.0 pie update instantly on your Galaxy Note 9. You have to download and install the firmware using a flash tool called Odin.
N960USQU1CSB3 Firmware Download
Here is the download link for the firmware which packs Android pie update for Galaxy Note 9.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy Note 9
- Model: SM-N960U
- Region: USA
- Baseband Version: N960USQU1CSB3
- Security Patch Level: 01.02.2019
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Install N960USQU1CSB3 Android Pie on Galaxy Note 9
To upgrade your Galaxy Note 9 to the latest Android 9 Pie manual. All You have to do is download the firmware that packs Android Pie from the link above followed by all the Samsung USB drivers. Most important is to download the latest version of the flash tool Odin. Then use the Odin tool to install the stock firmware on the device. We have also put up the tutorial link which will help you install the new Pie OS based firmware on your phone. Check the basic guidelines before you set off to install the new firmware.
- This Android Pie based firmware is exclusively for Galaxy Note 9. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips won’t be responsible for bricked devices due to faulty installation. Proceed at your own discretion.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the tutorial to help you install Android 9.0 Pie update on the Galaxy Note 9 in US region.
So, that’s it, guys. Either wait for the OTA to knock in on its own or install it manually by following this guide. Install and enjoy the new Pie on your Galaxy Note 9.