With NBA 2K21, the NBA 2K series debuts on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S. Enhanced versions weren’t released until two months after last-gen versions, leaving PC players shortchanged. In addition to the traditional game modes that have been a part of the NBA 2K series for several years, NBA 2K24 also features the Blacktop mode, The City mode, Neighborhood mode, MyNBA mode, and Play Now Online mode. But, NBA 2k24 Something Went Wrong Error occurs due to which we are here. In this fixing guide, you will learn how to fix this problem. So, let’s check out the guide until the end.
- How to Fix NBA 2k24 Something Went Wrong Error
How to Fix NBA 2k24 Something Went Wrong Error
So, here are some methods using which you can resolve NBA 2k24 something went wrong error:
Fix 1: Check NBA 2K Server Status
To begin with, make sure that the NBA 2K server is running correctly. Occasionally, players may encounter multiple conflicts with their server connectivity due to problems with server connectivity or downtime. You can also view the real-time outage reports, last 24 hours report, live outage map, and more with the third-party DownDetector NBA 2K24 Status. There is a large server downtime in several regions when we are writing this article.
This is mostly due to issues with the server connectivity and gameplay. There are also some players who are experiencing login problems. You should also wait for a few hours before playing NBA 2K24 again if you’re also having issues with the server. In addition to the @NBA2K Twitter page, you should also follow the official @NBA2K Facebook page. If there are no problems with the NBA 2K24 servers, proceed to the next step.
Fix 2: Check Your Internet Connection
If there are any issues with poor or unstable network signals at your end, you should also check your internet connection. In most cases, poor networks can cause problems connecting to online services. To switch from a wireless to a wired network, you may need to switch from a wireless to a wired connection. If there is a problem with the server’s connectivity, you can also try using another network.
Fix 3: Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
It is possible to experience temporary networking glitches on the Wi-Fi router from time to time. If you want to manually clear glitches on your router, you should just power cycle it. It has been reported that several affected gamers and streamers have rebooted their routers to try and restore their connectivity. To do so:
- Remove the power cord from both the router and the power source and turn off the Wi-Fi router.
- You should wait around a few minutes before plugging the power cable back in.
- After that, turn on the router and try connecting to the game again.
Fix 4: Update System Software
System performance can sometimes be affected by outdated system software, especially when playing multiplayer games or using resource-heavy applications. It is always a good idea to keep the system software on your device updated in order to keep the performance stable. In order to do so:
- To open Windows Settings, press Win+I.
- In the Update & Security section, click on Check for updates under Windows Update.
- You can install an update if there is one available.
- Once the update is complete, wait for a few minutes.
- To install the update, restart your computer.
For PlayStation Consoles:
- On the PlayStation, go to the Settings menu.
- Click on System Software Update.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to check for updates.
- To apply the changes, reboot the system.
For Xbox Consoles:
- On the Xbox console, press the Home button.
- Go to the Dashboard menu and select Settings.
- Choose All Settings.
- Select System > Updates.
- If available, select Update Console.
- Thereafter, once the update is complete, follow the on-screen instructions.
- To apply the changes, restart the console once you have finished.
Fix 5: Stop or Pause Background Downloads
If you can download/upload multiple files at once in the background, the chances are good that your Internet connection is too slow. It will also affect the connectivity of the online servers. Play games while stopping or pausing background downloads to make sure the online services connectivity is working fine on your respective gaming device or client. There is a possibility that it will help you to fix the NBA 2K24 Something Went Wrong error in NBA 2K24.
Fix 6: Update NBA 2K23
To ensure no issue with the game launching, it’s also recommended to manually check the game updates on your end for your gaming platform. It may also cause multiple server connectivity issues if the game patch version is outdated.
- Go to the Library in Steam.
- From the left pane, click on NBA 2K24.
- Whenever an update is available, Steam will search for it automatically.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Allow some time for the update to complete.
- Reboot your PC after completing this step in order for the changes to take effect.
For Xbox Consoles:
- You can manage your games and apps by visiting My Games and Apps.
- Ensure that NBA 2K24 is up to date by selecting Updates and installing it.
For PlayStation Consoles:
- Go to the home menu and select NBA 2K24 from the game library.
- To check for an update, click the Options button and select Check for an update.
- Ensure that an update is installed if one is available.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Ensure that your Nintendo Switch is connected to the Internet.
- Open the Nintendo Switch’s HOME menu.
- To update NBA 2K24, select the game.
- On your controller, press the (+) button.
- Click on Software Update.
- Navigate to Software Update > Select A.
- You can check for game updates over the Internet> Choose Over the Internet > Wait.
- In the next step, the game update will begin downloading (if it is available).
- It may take some time for the game update to complete.
Fix 7: Verify and Repair NBA 2K24 (PC)
If you experience any issues with the performance or connectivity of your NBA 2K24 game, there is a good chance that there are some corrupt or missing game files on your PC. If that is the case, you need to verify and repair the game files by following the steps below.
- Click on Library in Steam.
- From the list, right-click NBA 2K24.
- To access local files, click Properties > Local Files.
- Choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Once this process is complete, reboot the PC to apply the changes.
Fix 8: Contact 2K Support
To get further assistance, contact 2K24 Support if none of the methods work for you. There is a high probability that there is a problem with your purchased game or account that has been used or that there is an issue within the game. When developers receive a support ticket, they will proceed to investigate the problem thoroughly. There is a high probability that the NBA 2K24 Something Went Wrong Error will be fixed by the developers.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix NBA 2k24 something went wrong issue. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. For more info, comment below and let us know.