HMD Global launched Nokia 5 and 6 budget smartphone globally with a promise to the customer to receive regular update and fixes. Earlier this month, this both phones received the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Today HMD Global released August Security Patch Update for Nokia 5 and 6.
Finally After Pushing Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, HMD Global has started pushing the latest August Security Patch update for Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 today. This update happened the very same day when Google released the security patch update for the Pixel and Nexus line up. The same case happened last time when Nokia released July Security Patch update for Nokia 6 just before the Pixel and Google’s security bulletins to the punch for the July 2017 patch.
Table of Contents
Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 receives August Security Patch Update
This update is an incremental update with latest August Security Patch Update on Nokia 5 and Nokia 6. So we recommend updating your device safe with July Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash August Security Patch Update For Nokia 5 and Nokia 6.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 7.1.1 Nougat August Security Patch Update.
HMD Global had also confirmed that this both smartphone will receive Android O update along with Nokia 3.
Today you can install the Nokia 5 and 6 August Security Patch Update by following the below guide.
- You can either use your phone to update to latest build or you can use the second method to Install update via PC
- This Update is only for Nokia users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Install the Nokia Device Driver
Step By Step Guide to Manually Install August Security Patch Update
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia from above and move it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
That’s it! Now your phone will boot into the updated Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 with August Security Patch.