A few days back, HMD Global rolled the Android Oreo beta OTA build for Nokia 6. The update came with the software version of v5.140 which upgrades the phone to December 2017 Security patch on Nokia 6. The company earlier started the beta build to sign up via Nokia Beta Labs. In this guide, we will walk you through a simple guide to install Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo manually.
The update is rolled via OTA (Over the air) to users who have signed up in Nokia Beta Lab program. If you already signed up, then you may receive the OTA update on your device anytime soon. Check the guide here to join: Nokia Beta Lab Program.
If you still not received the update, want to upgrade Nokia 6 to Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at the right place. Here you can follow our simple manual process to install Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Along with Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo update, HMD Global has also upgraded the device version to v5.140 along with Security Patch level. According to some users, The latest Android 8.0 Oreo beta for Nokia 6 is stable and can be used as a daily driver.
Table of Contents
Steps to Install Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo
In this guide, we will help you to install Android 8.0 Oreo beta on your device. All you need is to either follow any of the two methods given below to upgrade your phone to the latest version.
Download OTA UpdateDownload Firmware zip file – v5.140
- This will only work on Nokia 6 variants, Don’t Try this on Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step. If you have root, then you can backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools for Windows || Mac
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Install latest Nokia 6 USB Drivers
- First of all, download the v5.140 Nokia 6 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA zip and move it to your root of your device.
- Now Switch off your phone and boot into recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on an apply update from sdcard.
- Select the OTA zip file that you downloaded from above.
- Wait until the installation process to get complete.
- Done! Reboot your system and enjoy.
- Download the required software and drivers on your PC.
- Follow the below link to the instructions on How to Sideload the OTA zip to your phone.
I hope this guide was useful to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nokia 6 device. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.