Nokia 7.1 and Nokia 6.1 are currently receiving the November 2019 security patch update. It is available with build number 3.54P and is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Both the devices are yet to see a jump to the latest Android 10. The update is a minor one that only steps up the security patch of the device. This is one biggest assurance of buying Nokia smartphones. Nokia is one of those OEMs who are at the forefront when efficient software support is considered.
Speaking of the latest 3.54P software update, it is currently moving over-the-air and should gradually reach the users on its own. However, those users who do not like waiting for the update can download the OTA zip for both Nokia 7.1 and 6.1. Then they can flash it via stock recovery. Though it sounds a bit scientific, trust us, the process is super easy and takes a few minutes only. We have put up the OTA firmware file that packs the November 2019 patch as well as the installation guide that will help you flash the update.
Check OTA Update manually
Usually, OTA updates roll in phases. So, in the first few days, it will be dropping in a certain region. Then in the subsequent days, some other regions will follow. So, you may have to wait for the OTA. There is another way though. You can manually search for the update and install it
Go to device Settings > System > Updates > tap on Check for Updates. If the update is already available in your region, you will be notified. As you see the new update with build V2.25N, download and install it.
- We recommend you to make use of Wi-Fi to download and install the update as it will be faster and you will save carrier data charges on it. The latest 3.54P software update weighs not more than 63 MB.
- Maintain battery charge up to 50% before installing the new update. never install software on a low battery.
Steps to Install November 2019 Security patch 3.54P on Nokia 7.1 and Nokia 6.1
Manual installation requires to download the OTA firmware zip file and flash it via stock recovery. We have explained the process in detail. In case, you waited way too long for the server-initiated OTA to show up on its own or your manual searching failed, then grab the OTA file and flash it right away.
- The OTA files we shared in this guide are exclusive to the Nokia 7.1 and Nokia 6.1. Do not try to install it on any other device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before installing the update
- We suggest you take a complete backup of your device data before updating your device.
Instructions to install
Now, comes the installation part. We will use the ADB sideload method to install the new update. This is how the process goes.
- Download the OTA zip and move it to your device storage.
- Switch off your device
- Press the Volume Up+ Power button to enter the stock recovery mode.
- Now, you will see the recovery screen with many options. There is an option called Apply Update from ADB.
- Scroll to the option using the Volume Up/Down button on your device. To select it, use the Power button.
- Now browse for the OTA zip you moved into your storage.
- Confirm and use the power button to flash the OTA file.
- The installation will take some time. After it’s over you will be back to the Stock Recovery home screen.
- Scroll to the option Reboot System Now. Use the power button to select it.
That’s it. If you haven’t received the OTA yet, then grab the firmware, follow the guide and flash the latest firmware on your device. We hope that this guide was of use to you. If you have any doubts, do let us know in the comments section below.