After the Nokia 8, Today HMD Global has started rolling the Nokia 8 Sirocco Android 9.0 Pie OTA update for all the users around the globe. If you have a Nokia 8 Sirocco device, then you should be one lucky to enjoy the Android 9.0 Pie update on this device. Follow our guide to manually install Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie Update. The update comes with build number V4.120 with December 2018 Security patch.
The update packs new features such as gesture navigation, better AI based battery management, App action, and App slices. In this post, we will guide you to install Nokia 8 Sirocco Android 9.0 Pie update manually. If you are awaiting the OTA and it is yet to show up, then you can download and install the ROM on your own. Below you can find the OTA link and a full tutorial on how to install it.
With Android Pie update for Nokia 8 Sirocco, there is a great deal of revamping in the OS. You can see a new power and Settings menu. Power menu has important features like Lockdown and screenshot buttons. It also brings improved text selection features. Most importantly, there is the digital wellbeing feature to ensure the user is using the device efficiently. To know more about Google Android Pie, click here.
According to Android Police, following are the new features comes packed with Nokia 8 Sirocco Android 9.0 Pie update:
- App Actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favorite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power on important apps
- Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions
- New system navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times the device has been unlocked and the number of notifications received
- App Timers – Set time limits on app usage
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
Download Nokia 8 Sirocco Android 9.0 Pie OTA
Here is the download link for the Nokia 8 Sirocco Android Pie update.
Steps to Install Nokia 8 Sirocco Android 9.0 Pie Update Manually
Before installing the latest Android Pie update for Nokia 8 Sirocco, you have to follow a few guidelines which we have mentioned below.
Method to install Via Dialer App [Tested and Works]:
- This OTA is exclusively for Nokia 8 Sirocco only. Don’t use it on other devices
- Ensure that your phone has the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware installed.
- Charge your phone to at least 70% more
- Though you won’t lose any of your data in the installation process, we still suggest you take a full backup.
- First of all, download the OTA zip and move it to the root of internal storage [Outside all folders ].
- Open the dialer app (Phone) and dial the number
- The installation process will begin, so wait patiently
- Wait for the update to finish and restart when prompted.
That’s it, guys. I hope you have installed Nokia 8 Sirocco Android 9.0 Pie update successfully. If there are any doubts regarding the installation, do let us know in the comments section.