Today HMD Global started sending the latest November security Patch OTA update for Nokia 6. Earlier we had shared November Security Patch for Nokia 7. Along with November Security Patch, The company has improved the performance and stability of the Nokia 6 device. The update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. If you are still wondering whether Nokia 6 will receive Android Oreo update, then check out this list of official supported device to receive Android Oreo.
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
The update is sent via OTA (over the air) and it weighs around 172MB in size. The update in China may come with build number 064C.B02 on their Nokia 6. If you already received the OTA update, then you can just hit the download button to download and install the OTA update with November Security Patch.
Along with November Security Patch, The update also brings some improvement to the Camera, Power saving, network performance, and system stability.
If you are still not yet received the update, then hold your horse. The update may take a couple of days or weeks to receive. As we said, the OTA is sent in a phase-wise manner and will come soon on your device. You can check the OTA update manually by following the below method.
How to Check the OTA update on Nokia 6:
- Go to settings —> About Phone —> Software update
- If you have the OTA update, then make sure to follow the pre-requisites:
Before you download, Please make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to at least 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about November Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading Nokia 6 to November Security Patch.
Download Firmware Here
Manually Install November Security Patch OTA update for Nokia 6
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the USB Debugging by going to Settings -> Developer Option and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fast boot Zip file on your PC
- Now go to the folder where you have extracted the ADB and Fastboot Tools
- Download Stock ROM for Nokia 6 from above and move it in ADB folder.
- Now Reboot Nokia 6 smartphone to Recovery Mode.
- Select Apply Update from ADB.
- Plug the phone into PC using USB Cable, then open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now execute the below command in CMD screen.
adb sideload Filename.zip
- Wait until Installation process Completes.
- Once the Installation completed. Reboot the Phone.
That’s it! Now your phone will boot into the updated Nokia 6 with November Security Patch.
Check Out the Stock Firmware List here.
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Nokia 6
- Common Nokia 6 Problems and How to Fix it