Moto X4 was launched few days back which is a 4th Generation X Series. Now We have the first update for Moto X4 which brings the September Security Patch. The update has started rolling to all Moto X4 users running Android 7.1.1 Nougat with build number NPW26.83-34-0-1. The update is pushed via OTA for all Moto X4 (Payton) running Stock Nougat Firmware. Along with Security Patch update, the update also improves system stability and performance.
If you are wondering whether your device would receive Android Oreo, Check out this full list of the supported device which will receive official Android Oreo update.
Table of Contents
Download Install NPW26.83-34-0-1 September Security On Moto X4 (Payton)
This update is still based on Android 7.0 Nougat and not on Android 7.1 Nougat. There is nothing new in this update except the September Security update with build number NPW26.83-34-0-1 for Moto X4. Even though, we recommend to always keep your phone up to date with the latest security update. So make sure to update to keep your device safe as the September Security update has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Before hitting the download two things need to be ensured. First, your device needs to be connected to a WiFi network and second, your device’s battery needs to be fully charged
If you still waiting for this new September Security via update NPW26.83-34-0-1 for Moto X4, Go to Settings –> About Phone–> System updates to see if you have an Over-The-Air update. If your phone has received the latest OTA update, then tap YES, IM IN and select Wi-Fi or Mobile network to download. Once the download is done, tap on INSTALL button to start updating your Moto X4 with NPW26.83-34-0-1. Before updating the September Security on Moto X4, first of all, you need a WiFi connection to download and please make sure your battery has enough juice.
If you have not received any update, then you can download the OTA update from our below download link. The Update comes in 2.52GB size. You can manually update the OTA instead of waiting for OTA to hit your phone. To update manually with NPW26.83-34-0-1 on Moto X4 can take only 8-10 minutes approximately. Read the steps below on How to Update the latest OTA updates on Moto X4 (Payton) manually.
- This Update is only for Moto X4 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Remember, your Moto X4 must have a Stock Recovery in order to flash this update. If you don’t have a stock Recovery, then download the stock recovery for Moto X4 below and flash the Stock Recovery using fastboot mode.
Mirror Link Here
Steps to Install Firmware on Moto X4:
There are two methods which you can follow. Check any of the methods, if the first method doesn’t work, you can simply follow the second method to install the stock firmware on Moto X4.
In this first method, you need download and install the ADB and Fastboot tool along with Moto X4 Latest USB Drivers. After installing you can simply follow the link below to sideload the ROM on your phone.Guide to flash the firmware using ADB Sideload
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto X4 firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto X4 into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto X4 to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the SHIFT Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot reboot-bootloader mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin mfastboot flash dsp dspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7 mfastboot flash system_b system_other.img mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase carrier mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase ddr fastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Moto X4.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Stock Firmware on Moto X4. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave your comment down below.
I hope you have successfully flashed NPW26.83-34-0-1 latest Security On Moto X4 (payton).