ZTE Nubia Red Magic (codename: nx609j) launched in April 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can enjoy the unofficial Android Oreo by using this Custom ROM. Today we will guide on How to Install OmniROM on Nubia Red Magic. This ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To Install this Custom ROM, you need TWRP Recovery. We had already shared the method to unlock bootloader and install TWRP Recovery on Nubia Red Magic. If you already installed TWRP, then you probably might be waiting for Custom ROM for Nubia Red Magic. If yes, then here is the first Custom ROM based on Android Oreo was known as Omni ROM.
Talking about the specifications, ZTE nubia Red Magic features a 6-inch FHD+ LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6/8GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the nubia Red Magic comes with 24MP rear camera with an aperture of f/1.7 and 8 MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3800 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
How To Install OmniROM on Nubia Red Magic (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Omni ROM is the latest Custom ROM developed by many developers whom you may already know including Chainfire, Xplodwild, and Dees_Troy. This ROM is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and developed with lots of customization, features, and enhancement. Just like every other custom ROM, Omni ROM also has some unique features:
- Flippable Quick Settings
- Roadrunner mode
- Daydream enhancements
- Integrated Performance Control
- 3D depth Phase Beam
Now download and install OmniROM on Nubia Red Magic. This is not an official Omni ROM built from scratch development. This ROM is still under development so expect some bugs and lags. You can anytime revert back to Stock ROM on Nubia Red Magic by flashing the Stock Firmware.
Remember this is not a stable ROM, but still, you can use it as a daily driver. In Case if you find any issue, you can revert back. The ROM is under development stage, the developer may soon release the stable version anytime soon.
If you want to try Android 8.1.0 Oreo OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install OmniROM on Nubia Red Magic based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
To Install OmniROM on Nubia Red Magic or any Custom ROM, your phone must have TWRP Recovery or any custom Recovery installed. If you don’t have one, then first install TWRP Recovery on your Nubia Red Magic.
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- Auto Fills
Check Popular Post
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Devices Official/Unofficial
- List of AICP 13.1 Supported device [Android Ice Cold Project 13.1 Review]
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- This will work on Nubia Red Magic (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the latest ZTE USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Here is the Full Guide on OmniROM on Nubia Red Magic to Android 8.1 Oreo:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Nubia Red Magic
- Now install TWRP Recovery on Nubia Red Magic. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Omni Oreo ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- ZTE Nubia Red Magic Camouflage Edition Unveils And Available for Pre-Order
- Download Latest ZTE nubia Red Magic USB Drivers | ADB Fastboot Tool
- ZTE nubia Red Magic Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On ZTE Nubia Red Magic
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Omni Oreo ROM on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
Credit goes to: darkobas