Samsung has been pretty much excellent with rolling out One UI updates. The latest One UI 4.1 skin has already been rolled out to the recent flagships, and even affordable phones like Galaxy A52 5G and Galaxy A52 5G have joined the party. Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, and the Galaxy Note 9 won’t receive the One UI 4.1 update officially, as the brand has stopped software support for the devices after delivering a promised number of Android updates. In fact, the Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9 didn’t even receive the Android 11 update. But, you don’t have to worry, as this guide will help you install One UI 4.1 port ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9, or Galaxy Note 9.
One UI 4.1 skin, based on Android 12, can be installed on Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+, and Galaxy Note 9 by installing Noble ROM 2.1. Thanks to the developer AlexisXDA for bringing the One UI 4.1 port called Noble ROM 2.1, based on the official One UI 4.1 update for Galaxy Note 10.
According to the Noble ROM 2.1 changelog, the custom ROM includes all the features from One UI 4.1. Plus, the security patch has been upgraded to March 2022. The latest version of Noble ROM has some added tweaks that improve smoothness and general performance. It brings a disabled RMM lock, Remapped Bixby button, S22 wallpapers, RAM Plus, and improved camera features. Google Pay is working fine on Noble ROM 2.1 as Magisk manages to pass Google’s SafetyNet.
Noble ROM 2.1 changelog for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy Note 9
- Updated base to N10+ with OneUI 4.1 and March’s Patches (HCV6)
- Updated Magisk to v24.3
- Fixed LED Notification
- Fixed Camera filters
- Fixed front Single Take in OneUI4 Camera
- Fixed Tethering USB
- Fixed Hi Bixby Voice Command on N9
- Fixed USB C headphones
- Fixed f2fs bootloop installation
- Fixed Advanced Debloat issues
- Fixed dark mode toggle missing
- Fixed Wireless Fast Charge
- Fixed 4G Icon arrows
- Enabled all apps in Dual Apps
- Added Reflections and Shadows Eraser in Photo Editor/Object Eraser
- Removed Vanced because it’s now discontinued by the devs
- Improved general performance
- Improved face unlock and fingerprint unlock speed
- Improved installer script, now the ROM can be easily installed.
Download One UI 4.1 port (Noble ROM 2.1) for Samsung Galaxy S9, S9+, and Note 9
Before taking you to download links, it is important to note that the Noble ROM 2.1 is only compatible with the Korean and global variants of the Galaxy S9, S9+, and Galaxy Note 9. The One UI 4.1 port only works with the Exynos variants. Hence, the US and Canadian variants are not compatible because of the Snapdragon chip.
TWRP Recovery download links:
Steps to install One UI 4.1 port (Noble ROM 2.1) on Galaxy S9, S9+, and Galaxy Note 9
- Download Noble ROM 2.1 and TWRP recovery, and move them to the phone’s internal storage
- Enable OEM Unlocking through developer settings
- Flash TWRP recovery
- Reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode
- In TWRP, tap on Install and select the ROM
- Now, flash the ROM by swiping to the right
- Aroma Installer screen will open on your device
- Follow on-screen instructions (For starters: select No Debloat and Clean Install options)
- Select your device
- Upon finishing the installation, reboot the device, and explore new changes.
The first boot might take more than usual. So, stay on that screen and wait for the device to boot successfully. It may take 10-20 minutes. The custom ROM has several bugs, which can be seen using this link. You can join this Telegram group to get more updates on Noble ROM. And we’ll also keep you posted with the new updates on GetDroidTips.