It can be extremely frustrating when auto brightness stops working on your smartphone, especially when constantly moving from dark to bright places. Unfortunately, this issue is also in the newly released OnePlus 11 series. Auto brightness is so convenient that adjusting the brightness manually feels like a chore. You are in the right place if your OnePlus 11/11R has an auto-brightness issue. In this article, we will help you fix this issue.
- What Causes OnePlus 11 and 11R Auto Brightness Not Working?
- Fix: OnePlus 11 / 11R Auto Brightness Issue
- Final Words
What Causes OnePlus 11 and 11R Auto Brightness Not Working?
There are several reasons why your OnePlus 11 and the OnePlus 11R 5G auto-brightness are not working. Several users encountered an issue with the auto brightness on their OnePlus devices which can be frustrating. Here are some primary causes why the auto brightness is not working on your OnePlus device.
- If you have disabled your Adaptive Brightness settings on your OnePlus device, then you want to be able to access auto brightness on your device, and that leads to auto brightness not working.
- It’s also possible that the auto brightness is not working due to night mode or reading mode. If you have enabled night mode or dim mode on your OnePlus device, it may cause the auto brightness to work properly.
- Due to software bugs and issues on your OnePlus 11R and 11R 5G, the auto brightness won’t work anymore. In such cases, you should restart your device.
- It’s also possible that the sensor on your OnePlus device is damaged or unresponsive, which may cause the auto brightness to work.
Fix: OnePlus 11 / 11R Auto Brightness Issue
As we mentioned earlier, the OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G are caused by various reasons, and you can quickly fix the problem. However, if the sensor is working without any issue on your OnePlus device, it could be due to software issues and bugs. Here are some troubleshooting methods to easily try to fix the auto brightness not working issue on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G device.
Fix 1: Restart your Phone
Don’t be sad if the auto brightness isn’t working on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G device. It’s possible that the auto brightness is not working due to software bugs and temporary issues which usually appear on any Android smartphone. And you can easily fix the brightness issue by restating your OnePlus device. Here’s how.
- Press and hold the power button (side button) on your OnePlus device until the Restart option appears on the screen.
- Now select the Restart option.
- Now your OnePlus device will automatically turn off and turn on.
- Again, try to check if the auto brightness is working on your OnePlus device.
Fix 2: Disable and Re-enable Adaptive Brightness
If you have enabled the adaptive brightness on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G and still you’re having an issue with the auto-brightness, you have to disable and re-enable the adaptive brightness settings on your device. This may help you to fix the problem you’re facing without any difficulties, and it could be worked for most times. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Settings on your OnePlus device.
- Choose the Display option.
- Now you can see the Adaptive Brightness option at the top.
- If the toggle is enabled, tap on it to disable the function and wait for a moment.
- Again, tap the toggle to re-enable Adaptive Brightness on your device.
- Now check if the brightness issue has been resolved on your OnePlus device.
Fix 3: Disable Night Mode Settings
It would be best if you also disabled the night mode or reading mode on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G. A night mode will prevent the adaptive brightness from working properly. So, disable the night mode by going to phone Settings > Display > Night Mode. From there, you can easily access the night mode and disable the toggle next to Night Mode on your OnePlus device. Again, check if the brightness issue has been resolved on your OnePlus device.
Fix 4: Reset Adaptive Brightness
If you have to toggle the adaptive brightness on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G, the next thing you have to do is reset the adaptive brightness on your OnePlus device. It will reset the adaptive brightness and may help you fix the auto brightness issue. Here’s how to reset adaptive brightness by following the mentioned steps.
- Launch the Settings on your device and choose Apps.
- Again, tap on See all Apps.
- Scroll down and tap on Device Health Services.
- Select the Storage and Cache option.
- Tap on Clear Storage and hit Reset Adaptive Brightness at the top of the screen.
- Now try to check if the brightness issue has been resolved on your OnePlus device.
Fix 5: Update Phone Software
The other straightforward solution is to update your phone software. You should update the software system if the auto brightness is not working on your OnePlus device. A Software update may help you to resolve the auto brightness not working issue on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G. To update software, head to Settings > System and select System Updates.
Fix 6: Perform a Factory Reset
The final method is to factory reset your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G. If still, you’re not able to access auto brightness on your device, and you should hard reset your device. A factory reset will wipe your data, including photos, videos, and documents, from your OnePlus device. So, back up the important data and files before proceeding to factory reset. Here’s how to factory reset the device.
- Launch the Settings on your OnePlus device and choose Additional Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on Backup and reset > Reset phone.
- Now tap on Erase all data and confirm it to proceed, and that’s it.
Fix 7: Contact OnePlus Support
If you have tried the above methods and are still experiencing an issue with auto brightness on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G, you should contact the OnePlus support team for assistance. The OnePlus supporter will provide the best solution regarding fixing the auto brightness issue on your OnePlus 11 and 11R 5G device. You can easily connect with them through the official OnePlus website or visit nearby service centers.
So, that’s how you fix auto-brightness issues on your OnePlus 11/11R. Make sure to try all the fixes before concluding. And, as always, if everything else fails, contact OnePlus support; they should be able to help you. If all the software tricks fail, then it is likely a hardware issue. In this case, visit the nearest OnePlus service center and get your handset replaced.