Google recently announced the stable build of the latest iteration of Android. With this, OEMs like Xiaomi, Samsung, and Realme have already made a few steps in the right direction. Along the same lines, OnePlus stayed true to its USP of providing faster upgrades. The OxygenOS 11 open beta based on Android 11 has already started for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. As a result, both these flagships are about to welcome tons of new goodies, optimizations, and improvements to the fore.
These include a new conversation section, One-Time Permissions, and the new Chat Bubbles. Along the same lines, there is also a native Screen Recorder, Media Controls as well as the Smart Device Controls baked in the Power menu. Likewise, you could now schedule dark mode, pin your favorite apps to the Share sheet and make use of the newly revamped screenshot share menu. In this guide, we will help you in onboarding all these Android 11 features into your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro device. Follow along.
Table of Contents
What’s New in OxygenOS 11
OxygenOS is always known to provide tons of customization options to the userbase, without comprising on the stability front. And the latest OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 is no different either. If we talk about its features, then there are quite a lot of noteworthy additions, most importantly in the form of a new visual design that provides a comfortable one-handed mode usage experience. Likewise, the OEM has finally added the Always-on display feature with 11 new clock styles.
Talking about the customizations, you get new live wallpapers, new OnePlus Sans font, and a multi-user Zen Mode with three new themes. Then there is also a new Gallery app with a Stories section, a new Settings page as well as the modified weather app. Likewise, the dark mode has been optimized keeping in mind the new UI changes. So with such a long list of features, the anticipation for this update is all the more justified. Without further ado, you could now download the latest OxygenOS 11 Open Beta Update for the OnePlus flagships from the below section.
How to Install OxygenOS 11 Update on OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro
Now that you have downloaded the OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11, its time to install it onto the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices. Head over to the below prerequisites section and make sure that your device qualifies all the requirements. After this, you may proceed to the installation steps.
- First and foremost, take a backup of all the important data on your OnePlus device.
- Likewise, make sure to keep it sufficiently charged so that it doesn’t switch off midway during the process. At least a 50% battery level is recommended.
That’s it. You may now proceed with the steps to install OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 onto your OnePlus 8 or 8 Pro devices. Follow along.
Download OxygenOS 11 Stable Release
What’s New in OxygenOS 11 Stable?
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
Download OxygenOS 11 Open Beta
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 7
OnePlus 8 Pro
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 6
OnePlus 8 Pro
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 5
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4||
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 2||
|OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1||Key updates
Instructions to Install
- Transfer the downloaded update file to your device’s internal storage.
- Head over to the Settings menu and tap on System.
- Then go to the System Updates section and tap on the Settings icon situated at the top right.
- Within that, tap on the Local Upgrade option. Now navigate to the downloaded update file and select it.
- After you have selected the package, tap on Install Now.
- Wait for the installation to complete. Once that is done, hit the Reboot option to restart your device.
That’s it. These were the steps to install the latest OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11 on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro. Once you have installed this update onto your device, do share your experiences about the same in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserves your attention.