If the touchscreen on your OnePlus Open is not functioning properly, there are simple solutions to fix it, as long as the screen is not physically damaged. In this guide, I will take you through these solutions step-by-step.
The OnePlus Open is among the top foldable phones available in the market. Besides its impressive spec sheet, the device boasts of exceptional build quality and software. However, even the best of technologies can run into issues, and the OnePlus Open is no exception.
Before we dive into the solutions, it’s important to understand the factors that contribute to the touchscreen issue on your OnePlus Open. Refer to the following section to learn more.
- Why Won’t My OnePlus Open Touch Work Properly?
- How to Fix OnePlus Open Touch Not Working Properly
- Wrapping It Up
Why Won’t My OnePlus Open Touch Work Properly?
- Software glitch: Touchscreen issues could result from software glitches. Hence, you must ensure that your OnePlus Open has no software bugs or glitches.
- Hinge problems: A hinge on foldable phones, such as the OnePlus Open, allows the screen to fold and expand. If it is damaged or misaligned, it can cause touchscreen problems. Carefully inspect the hinge for any damage.
- Faulty screen protector: If the screen protector is poorly fitted, the device can have issues registering your touches. Even if you’ve applied a thick screen protector, touchscreen problems can occur.
- Incompatible app: OnePlus Open or any other foldable phone isn’t optimized to work well with all Android apps. So, there can be issues if you try running an incompatible app.
- Hardware damage: The screen could be damaged or malfunctioning. It’s generally the case if the device has been dropped or damaged by water. Exposure to extreme temperatures can also damage the touchscreen.
One of these problems could be causing touchscreen problems on your OnePlus Open. Now that you know them, let’s dive into the troubleshooting methods.
How to Fix OnePlus Open Touch Not Working Properly
Try these solutions to fix the touchscreen issues on your OnePlus Open.
1. Restart Your OnePlus Device
Sometimes, fixing the touchscreen issues is as simple as restarting the device. It is because the device terminates all background processes and temporary data. After the restart, only necessary processes are loaded.
Restarting the device resolves software glitches, which can trigger touchscreen problems. Hence, try this easy exercise on your OnePlus Open and see if it makes any difference afterward.
Press the power button and volume up button simultaneously on your OnePlus Open until the power menu shows up. Then, tap the Restart option and wait for the device to boot.
2. Clean the Touchscreen
Foldable phones, including the OnePlus Open, are more prone to dust accumulation than regular smartphones. This is because they have a hinge that creates a small gap between the screens where the dust and debris can stay.
If your OnePlus Open has a lot of dust, it can affect the device’s ability to register touches. Hence, you should regularly clean your device to maintain a responsive touchscreen. Use a lint-free cloth with water to clean your device.
3. Check for Software Updates
OnePlus regularly pushes software updates that often contain bug fixes and performance improvements. So, if there’s a touchscreen bug, they may have addressed it in the latest update. Hence, updating your OnePlus Open could resolve the issue.
Make sure that your device is connected to the internet. To ensure it is running the latest software version, go to Settings -> System and click System update. If an update is available, download and install it.
4. Remove Problematic Apps
While third-party apps add extra functionalities to your device, they can occasionally interfere with touchscreen operations and cause problems.
If the touchscreen problems have started after installing an app, remove it to check if it’s causing the problems. If the problem persists, try removing recently installed apps one by one to find the culprit.
Using an incompatible app can also cause touchscreen problems. It should be the case when the problem surfaces while using a particular app. If so, removing the app should fix the issue. However, if the problem persists, you may want to try more solutions.
5. Remove the Screen Protector
If your OnePlus Open has a poorly fitted or damaged screen protector, it could be causing touchscreen inconsistencies. Also, note that a thick screen protector could make it hard to register your touches.
Remove the screen protector and check if the touchscreen problems have disappeared. If the touchscreen works better, replace the current screen protector with a high-quality one for your OnePlus Open.
6. Factory Reset Your OnePlus Open
Performing a factory reset ensures that your OnePlus device has no software problems. It will erase all data from your device, including photos, videos, documents, and installed apps.
Factory reset restores your device to its factory state. It often resolves software problems, including touchscreen inconsistencies. Before a factory reset, make sure to back up your important data.
Thinking of backing your OnePlus Open? Check out these 12 apps to easily back up your Android device.
Once you’re done backing up your data, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to System and tap on it.
- Click Reset options.
- Select the Erase all data (factory reset) option.
- Click Erase all data at the bottom.
- Tap on Erase all data again.
- Confirm your lock screen.
After the factory reset, set up your OnePlus Open. You should now be able to use it without any touchscreen problems.
7. Contact OnePlus Support
If you have tried the above solutions, but none went your way, I can understand your disappointment. At this stage, I can say either your OnePlus Open has a faulty touchscreen or a critical bug that OnePlus hasn’t fixed yet.
You should reach out to OnePlus support for further assistance. Do not forget to mention the solutions you’ve already tried for effective response from their end. Or, you can visit a OnePlus service center to get it checked by professionals.
Wrapping It Up
Touchscreen problems are worse, making it hard to navigate through the apps or screens. Fortunately, there are some easy fixes that I’ve mentioned in this guide. Apply them one by one until the problem is resolved.
If the problem persists, despite your efforts, there may be hardware issues for which you should contact the brand. I hope this guide has been helpful. If you have any questions, write them in the comment section below.