The official OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 3T is now available for users. Recently the company released the Android Nougat update for OnePlus 3T. OxygenOS Open Beta 2 update is packed with expanded screenshot option, Battery Optimization, Design, UI, and fixes many issues. When the update is ready to download and install, you will receive OTA (over the air) update for your device. This is an Incremental update which rolls out in phase wise manner.
As this is not Over-the -air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or many not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
- UI optimizations
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
- Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Fixed Google Play Store download bug
- Increased System Stability
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3T users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 3T
- Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings –> Developer options –> Enable USB Debugging. (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.)
3. Extract the OxygenOs Open Beta 2.Zip file
4. Copy the Extracted OxygenOs Open Beta 2 files to folder where adb installed.
5. Restart the OnePlus 3T into recovery mode. (To do that First turn your phone off, Now press and hold volume down + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
6. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
7. Connect your OnePlus 3T to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal.
“adb sideload <filename>”
“/adb sideload <filename>"
8. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS Open Beta 2.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 3T in the comment section below.