Oppo A31 was launched on February 13, 2020. Oppo chose the 2020 tag that doesn’t mean that it is an upgraded edition of Oppo A31 which may have launched earlier. Oppo the named in that way only. This is a budget segment smartphone with a few exciting features. The device came out of the box with Android 10 under Color OS 7. Here we will explain whether the Oppo A31 will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 11) update.
Google has finally pushed the official stable Android 11 update to all the Pixel devices (except the first-gen pixel). It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status from Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo A31. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo A31 Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
What’s on Android 11?
Google’s Android 11 (R) is the 11th-iteration of Android OS that has been released officially on September 08, 2020. It’s the successor version of the last year’s Android 10 (Q) which mostly featured privacy & security functionalities. However, things have changed now and this time the Android 11 has arrived with a bunch of additional features, other system improvements, UI changes, and more.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 11?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 11 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020 most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 11 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 11 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 11 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10 and the ColorOS 11 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 11 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 11. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 11 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 11, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick Oppo A31 Specs
The phone comes with a 6.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720×1600 pixels and a facet ratio of 20:9. Oppo A31 (2020) is powered by MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) SoC which works on a 2.3GHz octa-core chipset. It comes with 4GB of RAM. The Oppo A31 (2020) runs Android 9 and is powered by a 4230mAh non-removable battery.
In terms of optics, the Oppo A31 (2020) on the rear packs a 12-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.8 aperture; a second 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a pixel size of 1.75-micron, and a 3rd 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a pixel size of 1.75-micron. The rear camera setup has autofocus. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/2.0 aperture.
The Oppo A31 (2020) runs ColorOS 6.1.2 supported Android 9 and packs 64GB of inbuilt storage which will be expanded via microSD card (up to 256GB) with a fanatical slot. The Oppo A31 (2020) may be a dual-SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. The Oppo A31 (2020) measures 163.90 x 75.50 x 8.30mm (height x width x thickness) and weighs 180.00 grams. it had been launched in Mystery Black and Fantasy White colors. It bears a plastic body.
The Oppo A31 (2020) runs Android 9 and is powered by a 4230mAh non-removable battery. Connectivity options on the Oppo A31 (2020) include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth v5.00, Micro-USB, FM radio, 3G, and 4G (with support for Band 40 employed by some LTE networks in India). Sensors on the phone include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass/ magnetometer, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor. The Oppo A31 (2020) supports face unlock.
Will Oppo A31 Receive the Android 11 Update?
Updated on January 31, 2021: Oppo A9 model started receiving the January 2021 security patch update with software version CPH2015_11_A.49. The update is based on Android 10.
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo A31, there is nothing to worry about, the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least 2 major software updates. Since Oppo A31 was launched with Android 10 out of the box, and it will receive the next 2 major updates; Android 11 R and Android 12.
Right now there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 11 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.