Updated on October 17, 2020: After promising to roll the Android 11, Oppo rolled the September 2020 security patch update for the device with build number CPH1931EX_11_C.72. There is no info when the Oppo will roll the ColorOS 11 so far.
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Oppo launched Oppo A5 2020 in October 2019 as a budget segment all-rounder device to compete with other brands like Xiaomi, Asus, Samsung, etc. It came with pretty good hardware specifications and features in its price point. At the same time, the device runs on Android 9.0 Pie over ColorOS 6.1 skin out-of-the-box. The device recently received the Android10 update. In this article, we will let you know whether Oppo A5 2020 will receive the official Android 11 (ColorOS 8) update.
Google has finally pushed the Android 11 Beta update, the official public version of the software isn’t likely to land until the end of the year at least. All Pixel devices(except the first-gen pixel) are now eligible to download the update or take the top after opting for the Beta program.
You landed up to this article with a question that what is the status from Oppo to push the Android 11 to the newly launched Oppo A5 2020. Well, then go through this article, and by the end of the article, you will be able to clear all the doubts regarding Oppo A5 2020 Android 11 (Android R) Update Status, either it is Android 11 official update or Android 11 Beta update.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 11?
The next version of Google’s Android software, Android 11, is going to be released by the end of the year. Given pandemic related concerns, Google eschewed the splash unveiling at a developer event and easily released a public beta on Wednesday, June 10.
- You can now prioritize your conversations together with your most vital contacts within the new “conversations” section at the highest of your notification shade with a people-forward design and conversation specific actions, like opening the conversation as a bubble.
- Bubbles, it helps users to stay conversations insight and accessible while multitasking. Messaging and chat apps should use the Bubbles API on notifications to enable this in Android 11.
- More improved and modified Voice Controls, for people that control their phone entirely by voice, now includes an on-device visual area that understands screen content and context.
- One-time permission lets users give an app access to the device microphone, camera, or location, just that just one occasion.
- Customizable DND mode enables you to settle on which apps or people can still notify you once you turn the mode on.
- The new Auto-Reset feature that will supposedly remove app permissions that are not infrequent use.
- Google Play System Updates, launched last year, lets us expedite updates of core OS components to devices within the Android ecosystem. In Android 11, we quite doubled the amount of updatable modules, and people 12 new modules will help improve privacy, security, and consistency for users and developers.
What’s in ColorOS 8?
As the name suggests, ColorOS 8 is the successor version of the ColorOS 7 that can be released in November 2020, most probably. It will be based on Android 11 goodies along with some design changes that will gonna change the look and feel of the new custom skin. The upcoming ColorOS 8 version will run on all the upcoming and eligible Oppo devices, respectively. The all-new skin version will have plenty of improvements and features that we’ve mentioned below in brief.
ColorOS 8 Expected Features
It’s pretty straight-forward that the ColorOS 8 will be based on Android 11 (R) features. So, the native Android 11 features will be there expectedly with some improvements or additional features.
- Improved Dark Mode: System-wide Dark Mode is one of the most highlighted features for the users on Android 10, and the ColorOS 8 (Android 11) will also gonna include an improved system-wide dark mode that simply runs on the whole system, apps, etc. Additionally, users will get an option to schedule the dark mode timing on a day/night basis and automatically basis as well.
- Improved Battery Backup: The upcoming ColorOS 8 much more improved battery life than the existing ColorOS 7 version.
- Double-tap Gesture: The double-tap gesture feature of Android 11 will also arrive on ColorOS 8. In this case, double-tapping on the backside of the phone will turn on the Google Assistant, camera, and other applications.
- One-time App Permission: With the ColorOS 8 version, users can easily grant one-time app permission and it will ask for permission every time whenever it requires system user access.
- Go Back Gesture: The go back gesture has been improvised after releasing the enhanced swipe gestures navigation. But with ColorOS 8, we can expect to see the sensitivity sliders that will control the go back gesture. There will be two sliders for both left and right sides.
Quick Oppo A5 2020 Specs
The Oppo A5 (2020) model has a 6.5-inches IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 SoC, Adreno 610 GPU. It’s coupled with 3GB/4GB of RAM and 64GB/128GB of onboard memory that can be expanded by using a MicroSD card slot.
The Oppo A5 2020 device sports a quad rear camera setup of a 12MP (wide, f/1.8) + an 8MP (ultrawide) + a 2MP (f/2.4) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens with a couple of modes like HDR, PDAF, Panorama, an LED flashlight, etc. There is an 8MP (f/2.0) selfie shooter placed on the front side with HDR mode.
It has a huge 5,000mAh battery with reverse charging technology, and there are all the major connectivity options available like Bluetooth 5.0, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, a 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, NFC, FM Radio, USB 2.0 Type-C port, USB OTG, etc.
Will Oppo A5 2020 Receive the Android 11 Update?
Well, Oppo only promised the beta update of Android 11 to Oppo Find X2 and X2 Pro. Regarding the official Android 11 Update for Oppo A5 2020, there is nothing to worry about; the device will surely receive the update. According to the CMO of Oppo, almost every Oppo device gets at least two major software updates. Since Oppo A5 2020 was launched with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box and later received Android 10. It will surely get the las major updates; Android 11 R.
Right now, there is no official roadmap of ColorOS 8 because ColorOS 7 or 7.2 is still being in the rollout process. We will let you about the official roadmap of the update as soon as Oppo releases any press statement. Till then bookmark this page for further updates.