Last year was quite impressive for most of the smartphone brands in terms of notch-less FullView displays, better cameras, motorized pop-up selfie camera, better performance, etc. And Oppo K3 was one of them having an AMOLED display, Android 9.0 Pie, upper mid-range hardware specifications, and more. If you’re one of the Oppo K3 handset users then you should rejoice as the company has released Oppo K3 Android 10 with ColorOS 7 trial version update plan officially.
All the interested early adopters or the beta testers can be able to apply and receive the ColorOS 7 beta update in Q2 2020 that is around April month as mentioned in a tweet by ColorOS Global. So, if you’re eagerly waiting for the Android 10 update for a couple of months to appear on your device, you’re almost one month away. However, there is no official date or week mentioned yet when the beta recruitment process will start.
Table of Contents
ColorOS 7 Features (Android 10)
Oppo has launched its new custom skin version called ColorOS 7 officially a couple of months ago. If you’re one of the Oppo Reno 2 users then you should wait for the official stable update based on Android 10. It features plenty of customized features or options specific for the Oppo devices along with most of the native Android 10 features. Let’s take a quick look below.
- Redesigned UI
- New icons pack with a custom shape, size
- Breeno Smart Voice Assistant
- Improved RAM management
- New sound effects
- Portrait Mode 2.0
- Soloop video editor
- Improved visual design and UI elements
- ART+ Wallpapers
- System-wide Dark Mode
- Improved notification center
What’s on Android 10?
Google has announced the 10th iteration of Android OS in September 2019. It comes with several features and system improvements. To be very specific, the Android 10 version mainly offers better user experience and privacy/security features.
It features System-wide Dark Mode, Gestures Navigation, Wi-Fi & QR Code scanning, improved app sharing menu, improved app permissions, enhanced location privacy control, easy security updates, Focus mode, live caption, family link, multi-camera API, built-in call screening, sound amplifier, better notification control, and more. It also offers 5G support, foldable support, improved lock screen, smart reply, etc.
Oppo K3 Android 10 with ColorOS 7 Update Status
Updated on June 4, 2020: After getting the ColorOS 7 stable update last month, Oppo is now pushing a new firmware update to its Oppo K3 units that includes system stability improvements, swipe gesture optimizations, fingerprint improvement, fixed photos issue, camera improvement, and more. The new firmware update brings the new software version CPH1955EX_11_C.06 over ColorOS 7. You can check out the full changelog below:
- Improved system stability, Optimised the “Mistouch prevention” feature for “Swipe-up gestures” and “Swipe gestures from both sides”.
- Fixed an issue where the fingerprint name would sometimes be restored to the default one after a phone restart
- Fixed an issue where photos could sometimes not be loaded.
- Fixed a face beautification display issue that would occasionally occur with the front camera.
- Fixed a voice input issue in the “Notes” app.
- Fixed an issue where the “OPPO Console” app could not be opened from the search screen
- Fixed an issue where you would sometimes be unable to call up “Game Assistant” in games that were opened from “Game Space”.
Updated on May 14, 2020: Finally, Oppo has started providing the stable Android 10 update for the Oppo K3 model based on ColorOS 7. After a several months, the company is now rolling out the update with the software version CPH1955_11_C.02 in India. It weighs around 300MB and brings camera & audio improvements.
As the OTA update is waving its way in a phased manner, it will take some time to arrive on all the units completely. Interested users can manually check for the OTA update notification. For the update features, you can scroll down to check the changelog.
Updated on May 1, 2020: Previously, reports came out that the Oppo K3 will gonna receive the ColorOS 7 Android 10 stable update in May. However, the date has been rescheduled and fixed on May 25, 2020. So, mark your calendar and the Oppo K3 users will gonna receive the software version VC.06 respectively. You can check out more details here.
Updated on April 30, 2020: Finally, the Oppo K3 Android 10 stable update with ColorOS 7 release date revealed officially on the ColorOS Forum. Even in this Pandemic situation, the Chinese OEM Oppo supposed to continue its ColorOS 7 development program for the Oppo K3 model. While the company had pushed the ColorOS 7 beta recruitment for the Oppo K3 in early April, now they have decided to go with the stable release on May 29.
Make a note that the date is for the China region only and the successful stable rollout process will start in batches for the rest of the regions soon. So, non-Chinese Oppo K3 variant users may have to wait for a while. Meanwhile, starting from the May 29, keep checking the software OTA update manually on your Oppo K3 devices.
Updated on April 23, 2020: The second batch of Oppo K3 Android 10 ColorOS 7 beta program has been released and the recruitment channel opened from today April 23 at 10:00 for the 5,000 people. All the interested Oppo K3 (PCGM00) early adopters can apply for the beta testing program.
In order to provide better software experience, the company will roll-out the software update in a gradual way and it will take some time as well. So, have some patience if you’ve applied for the beta testing. Ensure that the Oppo K3 is running on the software version A.14 / A.15 respectively in order to receive the ColorOS 7 early adopters update notification.
All the successfully selected beta testers will be started receiving the ColorOS 7 beta update within 3 days or more. So, keep checking for that. Whereas, the company has also mentioned that if the quota becomes full this time, then don’t worry. Oppo will release the next batch of quotas very soon. Till then, stay tuned. If you want to know which features or changes will gonna be included, check it below.
ColorOS 7 Update Changelog:
· New borderless design, new upgrade, more shocking visual, more efficient operation, more natural experience
· Added OPPO Sans default font, overall concise and elegant, full of technological beauty
· Added Breeno instructions, allowing you to complete daily tasks faster with fewer steps, and create personalized shortcut instructions
· Add Breeno voice, photo search function, voice search based on photo time, location, people, etc.
· Added Breeno voice, camera wake-up, voice switchable camera mode
· Added Breeno voice, open and close dark mode, query steps, open Breeno screen and other voice commands
· New Breeno suggestion, low battery reminder, automatically detect nearby charging treasure merchants when low battery
· Add Breeno sleep mode, enter dark mode at night, and turn on do not disturb
· New Breeno screen, meeting schedule information recognition, can add schedule with one click
· Optimized Breeno scan, independent code scanning and object recognition, easy to evoke
· New Breeno driving, can quickly open the phone, music, WeChat and a recently used application
· New Breeno quick view, news information module
· Optimize visual interaction and enhance one-handed operation experience
· Optimize the smart sidebar, replace the file desk with file management, and remove three quick tools: Breeno voice, super clear visual effects, and notification do not disturb
· New shortcut tool for notes
· Added support for drag and drop applications to achieve fast split screen
· Added “buoy transparency” and “buoy full screen hide” setting items
· Optimize the range of floating window mode, more applications support the opening of floating window
· Added floating window bubble function, support rapid expansion/folding floating window
· Optimized three-finger screenshot, long press and slide with three fingers to select screenshot area; long press and slide to drag out the screen to quickly take a long screenshot
· New screenshot setting, you can adjust the position of preview floating window, set prompt sound, etc.
· Optimize screenshot preview floating window, pull down to share, pull up floating window for long screenshot
“Navigation Gesture 3.0”
· Added swipe inward from both sides of the screen and stay to switch to the previous application
· Optimize all gestures to support landscape scenes
· Added flashback button, support desktop display of important information of navigation, taxi, game, one key to quickly return to the application
· Add dark color mode, power-saving, and eye protection
· Added focus mode to help shield the outside world from interruptions when working or studying
· Added new charging animation style
· Optimized control center interaction, more friendly one-handed operation experience
· Added screen recording pause function
· Added screen recording floating window and recording settings
· Added 360 cleanup engine
· Added global theme, the theme adds more playability
· Added global delete sound effect, calculator button sound, a compass pointing sound feedback
Optimize the built-in ringtone resources
· Added barrier-free TalkBack suspension prompt
· Add barrier-free color mode to improve the experience of visually impaired users
· Added the latest task management page, including memory information switch and application lock management for recent task display
· Optimize visual interaction in-game space
· Optimize the startup animation of the game space
· Optimize the interaction and outgoing mode of game assistants and add game console connection entrance
· Added new interactive live wallpaper
· Add Art + Static Wallpaper
· Add a new desktop sliding setting item, you can customize to open the global search or notification center
· New desktop icon customization, you can customize the icon size, shape, style
· Optimize the unlocking process, switch to unlock mode
· Optimized password unlock visual, more convenient to unlock with one hand
· Added lock screen support for live wallpapers
· Optimize the style of the breath screen clock, more personalized choices
· New desktop simple mode, larger font icons, more concise and clear
· Add password book function, automatically fill in the password, realize one-key login
· Added the use time of the remote guard application, you can view the application status of the bound mobile phone in the past 7 days
· New remote guardian deactivation period, you can set the deactivation period of the bound mobile phone
· Add a new remote guard application to set a time limit, you can set the duration of binding mobile application, limit the number of games in some games
· Added one-key navigation of remote guard, one-key navigation to the location of the bound mobile phone
· Added SOS emergency contact smart customer service for help. When the emergency contact does not answer the call, the smart customer service will help continue to call the emergency contact
· Add a random MAC address to connect to WiFi, block targeted advertising, protect privacy, and make information more secure
· Added icon prompt in the status bar when using sensitive permissions, you can view the details of the specific called application, to prevent personal privacy disclosure
· Add permission usage record, you can view the history of the application calling permissions
· Added the palace mode for sticky notes
· Newly added background settings for notes, providing 6 colors and 4 skin backgrounds
· New reminder function for note time, can set reminder time for memo items
· Added the function of deleting and retrieving the sticky note
· Add calculator small window mode, support quick start through control center and smart sidebar
· New recording cutting function, which can cut the existing recording to obtain important clips
. Newly added calendar supports custom setting schedule repetition period
· Added alarm clock dynamic weather ringtone, matching different ringtones according to the weather of the day
· New weather animation effect, showing different motion effects according to different weather
· New file management Add OPPO cloud disk entry, can access OPPO cloud content
· Optimize camera interaction and enhance operating experience
· Optimized photo countdown interaction and prompt sound
· Optimize the interaction of album atlas, the level is clearer, and it is more convenient to find pictures
· New album recommendation, support more than 80 types of scene recognition
· Added OPPO intercommunication to support intercommunication with Vivo and Xiaomi devices
· Optimize the phone book vision to bring a more concise and efficient experience
· Add a quick setting page for unfamiliar number calls, add a contact with one key, add a mark or join a blacklist
· Add a deactivation period, customize the deactivation period, effectively manage the time of mobile phone use
· New application setting time limit, you can set the duration of the application, limit the number of games in some games, to prevent apps and games from addiction
· Optimized setting search function, support fuzzy search and search record display
· Add Soloop to record, understand your video intelligent creation tool
· Add health, monitor sports health data, provide health services
Updated on April 09, 2020: Though there is no exact date mentioned by Oppo officially, the Oppo K3 Android 10 beta update based on ColorOS 7 is on its way and expected to arrive in this month most probably. A couple of days ago, when an interested Oppo K3 user has asked for the Android 10 update schedule, the Oppo Customer Care Twitter handle has mentioned that the first batch of ColorOS 7 beta program for the Oppo K3 will start rolling out in this month. Till then, stay tuned for info.
Hello Debarin, the first batch of ColorOS 7 for OPPO K3 will roll out this month. Kindly stay tuned to our social media pages for further information.
— OPPO Customer Care (at 🏡) (@OPPOCareIN) April 5, 2020
The ColorOS team has officially tweeted recently that all the ColorOS users should rejoice as the ColorOS 7 + Android 10 Trial Version will start from March 2020 in batches. Therefore, the beta recruitment process will be released in a phased manner for the eligible Oppo device users and Oppo K3 is one of them. As we’ve already mentioned that Oppo K3 users will start receiving the recruitment notification from April 2020 in batches and will be available for the limited users only.
#ColorOS fans, rejoice! 🎉
Now that March is here, we understand that many fans have been waiting for more #ColorOS7 + #Android10 trial version batches.
Check our Q2 plan and stay tuned for more announcements!
How to apply👉save it for future use：https://t.co/nDQhBfcnXC pic.twitter.com/JJ244dScW6
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) March 6, 2020
The beta trial version will not be available in some of the regions due to the network operator regulations and regional policies. So, you will need to keep it in mind. If in case, you won’t get enlisted for the first batch of the beta program, you can wait for the second batch as well.
Oppo K3 Specifications
It has a 6.5-inches AMOLED display with 1080×2340 pixels resolution with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. The device is powered by the Snapdragon 710 SoC, Adreno 616 GPU, 6GB/8GB RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage options. It packs a 3,765mAh battery with 20W fast charging support.
Talking about the camera department, the device sports a dual rear camera setup of a 16MP (f/1.7) + a 2MP (depth, f/2.4) lens along with PDAF, HDR, Panorama, an LED flash, gyro-EIS, etc. On the front side, it has a 16MP motorized pop-up selfie camera with a wide-angle f/2.0 lens. The selfie shooter also features HDR mode.
It has a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 а/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc. While the device packs an optical in-display fingerprint scanner, gyroscope, an accelerometer, an ambient light, proximity, compass sensor.