Oppo has recently unveiled its detailed plan of rolling out the beta and stable Android 11 ColorOS 11 for the eligible devices. For more information on this, you can head over here. Note that with Android 11, Oppo will be changing its numeric game and will follow the same numeric the Android OS currently has. Notably, Android 11 will arrive with ColorOS 11 for eligible Oppo smartphones. This is done in order to bring some symmetry in the naming of the custom UI of Oppo along with Android OS. The Android 11 based on ColorOS 11 will bring tons of new features for the Oppo phones.
Some of the features of Oppo ColorOS 11 includes new gestures, redesigned UI, new wallpapers, three-finger translation, nearby sharing, new power menu, and notification layout, etc. In this post, we will give you all the information about the Android 11 ColorOS 11 update for the Oppo Reno4 Z 5G smartphone. So, if you want to keep yourself up to date about all the information related to Android 11 for your phone, then you should keep checking back this post often. With that said, let us get straight into the article itself:
Oppo Reno4 Z 5G – Device Overview
Oppo recently launched another smartphone in the Reno lineup, which is called the Oppo Reno4 5G. The phone is powered by the latest chipset from MediaTek called Dimensity 800 5G. The processor is coupled with 8GB of RAM and offers 128GB of inbuilt storage. There is no dedicated microSD card slot available on the phone. The Oppo Reno4 Z 5G sports a 6.57-inch LCD display with 1080p resolution and comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. On the software side, the phone comes with Android 10 ColorOS 7.2 out of the box will soon pick up the Android 11 ColorOS 11 update.
Talking about the camera, the phone houses a quad-camera setup with a 48MP primary lens, 8MP ultrawide lens, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor. It is capable of recording 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps. For selfies, there is a dual-camera setup with a 16MP primary and 2MP depth sensor. The front camera can record videos up to 1080p@30fps. The fingerprint scanner is mounted on the side of the phone. Under the hood, the phone is juiced by a 4000 mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging.
Update 1 (December 11)
And now Oppo has kick-started the Android 11 ColorOS 11 beta program for the Oppo Reno4 Z 5G smartphone. The program is live for users in Australia, the Philippines, and Thailand. We hope that other regions will join soon. You will be able to experience all the latest features that the devices will get with the Android 11 ColorOS 11 stable update.
The Android 11 ColorOS 11 beta program for the Oppo Reno4 Z 5G application will begin on December 14 for the Oppo Reno4 Z 5G users in Australia, the Philippines, and Thailand. There are a few key points that you should keep in mind before applying for this Android 11 ColorOS 11 beta program for Oppo Reno4 Z 5G:
- Make sure that you have taken a complete backup of the data stored in your smartphones.
- There will be bugs in the ColorOS 11 beta update. So make sure that you are aware of all the bugs associated with the update and only then install the beta update on your Oppo Reno4 Z 5G.
- Some of the third party apps may not be compatible with the latest firmware. So, it is advised that you do not install this new Android 11 ColorOS 11 beta update on your daily driver.
- Moreover, the Beta update does not support the Adaptive Sleep function. This feature will be added to the firmware with later updates.
- Confirm your phone has updated to version A.25.
Once you have gone through all the things that you need to keep in mind, you can check out the details of the Oppo Reno4 Z 5G ColorOS 11 beta program:
- Phone model: Reno4 Z 5G
- Time: Apply from 11th Dec. to 14th Dec.
- Released Country: Thailand, Philippines, Australia
How To Apply?
- Click on Settings.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on the Settings icon on the screen.
- Then you need to click on Apply for Beta version.
- Select Update Beta Version.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to apply.
After submitting the application for the Oppo Reno4 Z 5G smartphone, you need to wait for about a week before you can update your device with the latest Android 11 ColorOS 11 beta update. The update will be pushed for your phone via OTA. Note that if the beta program is full, then you will have to wait for the second batch to commence.