Finally, official Android Oreo is live for OnePlus 3 and 3T. Today OnePus started rolling the OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 3 which brings the Android 8.0 Oreo update. Earlier we had also shared an article about the Android Oreo update for OnePlus 3 and 3T. Here is the full information about the Oreo update for OnePlus 3/3T. Now the build is official with OxygenOS beta program. In this post, you can download the OxygenOS Open Beta 25 For OnePlus 3. Now OxygenOs Beta 25 is available to download from the below download section.
The company brings OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 3 with new features from Android 8.0 Oreo such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. To receive the Android Oreo OTA update on OnePlus 3, then you must be enrolled to under the beta program or must be running the previous beta build. In case if you are running stable ROM, then you simply flash the full firmware build of OxygenOS Open Beta 25 Oreo on OnePlus 3. Check the full changelog of OnePlus 3 Beta 25 Firmware below.
- OnePlus 3 Stock Firmware Collections
- OnePlus 3T Stock Firmware Collections
- Download and Install OxygenOS 4.5.0 For OnePlus 3 (OTA + Full ROM)
- Download Install Paranoid Android 7.3.0 AOSPA For OnePlus 3
- How To Install HydrogenOS 3.5 for OnePlus 3/3T (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
Table of Contents
Download And Install OxygenOS Open Beta 25 For OnePlus 3
Want to try HydrogenOS, Now you can install the latest HydrogenOS Beta 25 for OnePlus 3 which was released recently for OnePlus Local Market in China.
The update is been rolling as we speak, it is rolling via OTA (Over the Air) to all the OnePlus 3 users. If you already installed any of the earlier version of OxygenOS beta, then you may receive the OTA update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in a phase-wise manner. It may take to receive the update in a couple of days or weeks. In case if you are installing or have no patience to wait for the OTA, then you can follow the full guide on How to Update OxygenOS on OnePlus 3 manually with Open Beta 25.
To Check for the OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software updates and check for the official OTA update on your phone.
You can always sideload the new version by following our simple guide. Now flash OxygenOS Beta 25 OTA on OnePlus 3 via ADB Sideload or directly from recovery. Once you flash the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 25 for OnePlus 3, you will start receiving the OTA update of all future update of OxygenOS Open Beta release.
As this is not an Over-the-air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or may not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
- System changes
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Added Picture in Picture.
- Added Auto-fill.
- Added Smart text selection.
- New Quick Settings design.
- September security patch.
- Update to Android O (8.0)
- Launcher changes
- Added Notification dots in Launcher.
- Added OnePlus account login for access to Shot on OnePlus.
- Now able to upload photos directly to Shot on OnePlus through wallpapers.
What is Android O aka Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Open Beta, you’ll continue getting Open Beta OTAs.
Bugs Known in Beta 25 are:
- Fingerprint actions may be slower than you are used to.
- Shortcut to access Google Photos is unavailable.
- Some stability issues with NFC and Bluetooth.
- Performance and compatibility of 3rd party apps will continue to be optimized.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
SOURCE – Click here