After rolling the Beta 26 which is the second beta after Oreo update, OnePlus started rolling the third beta build of OxygenOS Open Beta 27 For OnePlus 3. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo, and it is likely to get Android 8.1 once the stable build is out for Nexus and Pixel device. We have all the early build of Oxygen Beta and Stable for OnePlus 3 in our download section.
The company brings OxygenOS Open Beta 27 for OnePlus 3 with new features from Android 8.0 Oreo such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. If you have already enrolled in the Android Oreo beta program, then you may receive the official OTA update of Beta 27 on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent via OTA in a phase-wise manner. In case if you are running stable ROM, then you simply flash the full firmware build of OxygenOS Open Beta 27 Oreo on OnePlus 3. Check the full changelog of OnePlus 3 Beta 27 Firmware below.
- OnePlus 3 Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Download Install Paranoid Android 7.3.1AOSPA for OnePlus 3
- Download and Install OxygenOS 4.5.1 For OnePlus 3 and 3T (OTA + Full ROM)
Download And Install OxygenOS Open Beta 27 For OnePlus 3
The update is been rolling as we speak, it is rolling via OTA (Over the Air) to all the OnePlus 3 users. If you already installed any of the earlier version of OxygenOS beta, then you may receive the OTA update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in a phase-wise manner. It may take to receive the update in a couple of days or weeks. In case if you are installing or have no patience to wait for the OTA, then you can follow the full guide on How to Update OxygenOS on OnePlus 3 manually with Open Beta 27.
To Check for the OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software updates and check for the official OTA update on your phone.
You can always sideload the new version by following our simple guide. Now flash OxygenOS Beta 27 OTA on OnePlus 3 via ADB Sideload or directly from recovery. Once you flash the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 27 for OnePlus 3, you will start receiving the OTA update of all future update of OxygenOS Open Beta release.
As this is not an Over-the-air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or may not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
Also, Check Related Post:
- New UI for Do Not Disturb
- We’ve made the Do Not Disturb setting easier to understand
- Optimized standby battery usage
- Smart Text Selection improvements
- This option should now work as intended
- General performance improvements
- Updated OnePlus and GMS applications
- We’ve updated OnePlus Gallery, and fixed some bugs in Weather, Recorder, and File Manager
- Updated Google security patch (October 2017)
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Updates to language localization, fixes for extended screenshot in some applications, Bluetooth performance enhancements, camera gesture fixes, and memory optimizations
What is Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Open Beta, you’ll continue getting Open Beta OTAs.
Bugs Known as Beta 27 are:
- We’ve got two UI bugs that show as blank spaces in certain areas of the UI sometimes.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
SOURCE – Click here