Are you also getting frustrated with the Origin online login is currently unavailable? If yes, then you will find the solutions here.
Origin is a digital distribution platform for purchasing and playing video games with friends and family. It is developed by Electronic Arts for various platforms such as Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Facebook as well. But, for the last couple of days users are reporting an error due to which they are getting an error message that says Origin online login currently unavailable. This error message frequently occurs when users are trying to log in to the Origin client. So, we dig deeper into the error and surprisingly get three main reasons behind this error:
- Due to inaccurate date and time on your Windows PC
- Inappropriate or faulty Internet Explorer settings
- Network-related issues on your Windows PC
Of course, we have the solutions to fix this annoying error, so don’t worry about it. But, before that make sure you do not miss any step.
- How to Fix Online Origin Login is Currently Unavailable Error
Having paid regularly to for your favorite play games in Origin and after that getting this type of error is quite disheartening. It might bother us and push us to think about whether our investment is worth it or not. Anyway, we have gathered some easy fixes to get rid of this annoying error message. So, until developers provide some permanent solution, you can perform these troubleshooting steps to fix this bug.
Fix 1: Restart Origin
When you receive this error message, exit from the game. You might not find the exit option therefore you should right-click the Origin icon in the Taskbar and click the Quit option. Now, after closing it, restart the Origin and see if the error has been resolved or not.
Fix 2: Check Date and Time in your System
As already mentioned, that wrong date and time could be the reason for this error. Therefore, you should definitely check your date and time and change if they are incorrectly set.
- You should click on Clock and Region in Control Panel.
- Then select Time and Date and switch to the Internet Time tab.
- Then, select Change settings.
- Checkmark the Synchronize with an Internet time server option and hit the Update now button.
- Finally, click on OK to save changed settings and exit from Control Panel.
Fix 3: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
Internet Explorer contains many internet connection settings. Therefore, you need to reset Internet Explorer settings in order to fix the error.
- You should go to Control Panel and there select Network and Internet.
- Then click on Internet Options and select Advanced Tab.
- Now, you will find the Reset Internet Explorer settings option and then click Reset.
- Again, click Reset when the confirmation window pop-up. Then, reboot your PC and check if the error is fixed or not.
Additionally, you can also disable the pop-up blocker for Internet Explorer and then check if the issue is resolved.
- Follow the path Control Panel (view by category) < Network and Internet < Internet Options.
- Click on the Privacy tab.
- Then, uncheck the box located in front of the Turn on pop-up blocker under the Pop-up blocker section.
- Finally, click on Apply
- Click on the OK button to save the changes you’ve made.
Fix 4: Clear Origin Cache
You should also clear the Origin cache to solve the issue. In order to clear Origin Cache, you can follow the following steps:
- Open File Explorer or press Win+E
- Select This PC and find C:\Users\UerName\AppData\Roaming\Origin
- Now, delete the Origin folder after navigating to the Roaming folder
- Go to Local Folder and delete the Origin folder inside it
- Open Run window and type %ProgramData% and Enter
- Open Origin folder and delete all files and folders except the LocalContent folder
- Now, the Cache data has been cleared. So, launch the Origin and check if the issue gets resolved.
Fix 5: Disable Realtek USB 2.0
You can follow the following steps to disable USB devices in order to fix the Origin “online login is currently unavailable” error:
- Firstly, launch the Run dialog box on your PC by pressing Win+R.
- There you should type devmgmt.msc and then click OK.
- Now, the device manager has opened and double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand it.
- Find Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader and click on it.
- Now, select Disable device and start Origin again.
Fix 6: Allow Origin through Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall can restrict Origin from connecting to the Internet on your system. Therefore, you should allow Origin through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Windows Defender Firewall in Control Panel.
- Then, simply click on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall and change settings.
- Now, you should checkmark the boxes Private and Public for .exe files of Origin.
- Click OK so that changes you have made get save.
Now, restart the system and check if the error has resolved or not.
Fix 7: Disable Pop-up Blocker for Internet Explorer
Many users were successful in resolving the issue by disabling Pop-up Blocker for Internet Explorer. To disable the pop-up blocker for Internet Explorer, you can follow the following steps:
- Select Network and Internet in Control Panel.
- Now, click on Privacy Tab and uncheck the box located in front of the Turn on pop-up blocker under the Pop-up Blocker section.
- You need to click on Apply option followed by OK.
- Restart the system and Origin and see if the error has been resolved or not.
So, that’s it, guys. We hope that the developer fixes the error soon till then, you can follow the above-given fixes to fix Origin online login is a currently unavailable error. You can comment below for further queries. Also, if you still not read our latest guides, visit our website Getdroidtips.