Last time we shared the OxygenOS 4.1.5 for both OnePlus 3 and 3T which comes with many new features and bug fixes. Today OnePlus has started seeding another new incremental update which comes with OxygenOS 4.1.6 For OnePlus 3 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. OnePlus has also withdrawn the earlier build OxygenOs 4.1.5 from the OnePlus community website and asks users to update to OxygenOS 4.1.6 For OnePlus 3.
This new update of OxygenOS 4.1.6 comes many bug fixes, system optimization and performance improvements. If you have not yet updated to 4.1.5, then you will receive the latest OxygenOS 4.1.6 For OnePlus 3. The update weighs around 90mb in size. The update has started rolling out to the end users via OTA in a phase wise manner.
If you already running the Stock version of OxygenOS on OnePlus 3, then you will get a popup notification of the latest OxygenOS 4.1.6. If you don’t want to wait, then Here we provide the download link of OxygenOS 4.1.6 which is packed with many features and performance improvements. Download OxygenOS 4.1.6 for OnePlus 3 from below and install it manually.
As OnePlus is always trying to release latest features and fix bugs as soon as possible. You can get the update anytime soon as the company releasing the latest OxygenOS 4.1.6 via OTA (Over-The-Air). The users will receive the update notifications on their device. The update may take few weeks to reach all corners of the world.
Table of Contents
OxygenOS 4.1.6 Features and Changelogs
• Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
• Updated network settings for select carriers
• Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.8
• Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
• Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
• Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party filemanagers
• Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards
• Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
• Proximity sensor
• Camera low light focus
• Expanded screenshot
• Enhanced system stability
If you’ve already flashed a previous Stable build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Stable build, you’ll continue getting Stable build update.
ALSO RELATED :
- Download Official Stable OnePlus 3 OxygenOS 4.1.5 (OTA + Full ROM)
- Download Install Paranoid Android AOSPA For OnePlus 3 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- OnePlus 3 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download And Install OxygenOS Open Beta 17 For OnePlus 3
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS 4.1.6 For OnePlus 3
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS 4.1.6 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.1.6.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs 4.1.6 for OnePlus 3 in the comment section below.