Its not even a week after the official launch of the OnePlus 5. Today OnePlus is sending another update of OxygenOS 4.5.5 for OnePlus 5. This is the third update for OnePlus 5 after the official launch. The device is currently running on Android 7.1.1 Nougat update which is the latest version of Android OS up till now. Today you can download OxygenOS 4.5.5 update for OnePlus 5. This update comes with regular bug fix and improvement. The update improves WiFi connectivity, enhances video recording capability and optimizes battery and performance. The OTA update weighs 59MB in size.
The update has been rolling out as we speak. It is sent via OTA (Over the Air) to all OnePlus 5 users in a phase wise manner. If you have the update then hit the download button to get the incremental update of OxygenOS 4.5.5 on OnePlus 5. In case if you still not yet received then don’t get panic, the rollout is gradual, and may take some days to reach you and your OnePlus 5. So be patient. You will receive the update anytime soon on your phone.
Table of Contents
Download and Install OxygenOS 4.5.5 update for OnePlus 5
Before waiting for the OTA, make sure you have the clean stock ROM without rooting or any hacks installed. This may keep your device from receiving the Stock ROM updates.
If you are not in the train to wait for the update, then here i will guide to manually update OnePlus 5 with OxygenOS 4.5.5. This update is simple and easy to follow. All you need is to download the full firmware package from below and follow the full guide to install OxygenOS 4.5.5 update for OnePlus 5. This is a manual process to install OxygenOS Update on OnePlus 5. So follow this if you want to upgrade your OnePlus 5 manually.
Here is the full changelog to the OxygenOS 4.5.5 update :
- Further improvement to WiFi Connectivity
- Improvements for Voice Calling
- Video Recording now uses less battery
- Vibration intensity when receiving calls has been deceased
- Fixed WiFi signal consistently being displayed week
- Fixed certain apps not able to work under IPv6 network settings
- To restore connectivity to a Windows 10 PC, Please turn off USB Debugging prior to update
If you’ve already flashed a previous Stable build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Stable build, you’ll continue getting Stable build update.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS 4.5.5 update for OnePlus 5
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS 4.5.5 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.5.5 .
Download OTA 4.5.5 59MB (OxygenOS 4.5.4 to OxygenOS 4.5.5)
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 4.5.5 for OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.