Updated on August 01, 2017: Added the full download link to download and install OxygenOS 4.5.6 Update For OnePlus 5.
Do you have the recent bug which was found by many OnePlus 5 users where the phone will reboot while making 911 Emergency call?. Today OnePlus is started rolling a new update of OxygenOS 4.5.6 for OnePlus 5 which will fix 911 reboot issue. This is the 4th update for OnePlus 5 after the official launch. Earlier OnePlus released an update to fix jelly scrolling” effect, next update fixed the audio issue and WiFi issue. Now you can download OxygenOS 4.5.6 update for OnePlus 5. This update weighs around a small in size which fixes the reboot issue while calling 911.
The update has been rolling out as we speak. It is sent via OTA (Over the Air) to all OnePlus 5 users in a phase wise manner. If you have the update then hit the download button to get the incremental update of OxygenOS 4.5.6 on OnePlus 5. In case if you still not yet received then don’t get panic, the rollout is gradual and may take some days to reach you and your OnePlus 5. So be patient. You will receive the update anytime soon on your phone.
Download and Install OxygenOS 4.5.6 update for OnePlus 5
Before waiting for the OTA, make sure you have the clean stock ROM without rooting or any hacks installed. This may keep your device from receiving the Stock ROM updates.
If you are not on the train to wait for the update, then here I will guide to manually update OnePlus 5 with OxygenOS 4.5.6. This update is simple and easy to follow. All you need is to download the full firmware package from below and follow the full guide to install OxygenOS 4.5.6 update for OnePlus 5. This is a manual process to install OxygenOS Update on OnePlus 5. So follow this if you want to upgrade your OnePlus 5 manually.
Here is the full changelog to the OxygenOS 4.5.6 update:
- Fixed reboot caused by dialing 911 on certain OnePlus 5 units
If you’ve already flashed a previous Stable build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Stable build, you’ll continue getting Stable build update.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
[su_spoiler title=”Full Guide to Install OxygenOS 4.5.6 update for OnePlus 5″ style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
Install OxygenOS 4.5.6 update for OnePlus 5
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS 4.5.6 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS 4.5.6 .
Download OTA 4.5.5 OTA update 59MB (OxygenOS 4.5.4 to OxygenOS 4.5.5)
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOS 4.5.6 for OnePlus 5 in the comment section below.