The OnePlus 5T came up with a lot of surprises for android lovers. apart from the high-end processor, GPU and an 8GB RAM updates have also come up with the device. We have already published an article about the OxygenOS 4.7.1 for OnePlus 5T which was released before. Now OnePlus have come up with the latest update for 5T which is the OxygenOS 4.7.2. here is a guide on how to download and install OxygenOs 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T.
Table of Contents
Steps download and install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T
If you are one among the many users who have lost the patience for the official availability of the new update we can help you. Here are steps to download and install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T. it is highly recommended that you clearly follow all the steps mentioned in this guide without which your device may get issues.
Improvements and fixes added on the OxygenOS 4.7.2 update for OnePlus 5T
The new update for 5T came up with a lot of bug fixes and app optimizations. Few of the major things to be noted on the update are:
- Fingerprint unlock optimized
- Screen off gestures have been improved
- The face ID unlock is optimized
- 4K video recording EIS is improved
- The security patch WPA2 for Wi-Fi is improved
- Bugs are fixed and general stability is improved
Things to remember before proceeding with steps
There are certain things to be taken into account before going forward with the installation. It is important that these things are noted seriously to avoid any error during installation.
- Make sure the device has a minimum of 50-60% of battery life to avoid it from shutting down during the installation process
- It is always recommended to back up all the data although it won’t erase the data.
- Only use these methods for the OnePlus 5T
Where to download OxygenOs 4.7.2 for OnePlus 5T
The OxygenOS 4.7.2 ROM can be downloaded from here: download
The OxygenOS 4.7.2 OTA can be downloaded from here: coming soon…
How to install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T
There are basically two methods you can use to install the downloaded update on 5T.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your device. This can be done by enabling ‘USB debugging’ option from ‘settings’ > ‘Developer options’
- Download and install ADB and fast boot driver on your computer
- Copy the downloaded OxygenOS 4.7.2 to the same folder where the ADB is installed
- Now open your OnePlus 5T in recovery mode
- Chose the option ‘install from ADB sideload
- Connect your phone using USB with your computer
- Open the ADB folder and press shift + right click and select ‘open command here’
- Use the command “adb devices” to check the connections. If the list has your device name then the connection is successful
- Use the command “adb sideload filename.zip” to flash the OxygenOS 4.7.2 on to the device
- Reboot your device when the process is completed
- Save the downloaded OxygenOS 4.7.2 OTA file into the internal memory of your OnePlus 5T
- Open settings > system updates > settings icon > local upgrade
- Now select the OTA file you saved
- When the system prompts select the ‘upgrade now’ option
- Wait till your device reboots and flash the Ota
For rooted users:
- Install TWRP from your device bootloader
- Open your device in recovery mode and make a backup
- Wipe the cache files on your device by going into wipe> advanced wipe > select Wipe cache and Dalvik cache.
- Swipe to confirm the wipe of cache files
- Go to install and select the downloaded OxygenOS 4.7.2 ROM zip file
- Swipe to confirm installation
- Wipe the cache files again
- Reboot the device
I hope this guide was useful in understanding how to download and install OxygenOS 4.7.2 on OnePlus 5T. If you have any queries or feedback, please leave a comment below.