After receiving OxygenOS 5.0 Stable build for OnePlus 5, many reported the bugs that encountered on their phone. Since then, the OnePlus company started building the new firmware update by fixing the bugs. Today the company started rolling the latest updated Android Oreo version, OxygenOS 5.0.1 for OnePlus 5. Here we have shared the full firmware download link to those who didn’t get the OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update on their phone.
In this update, OnePlus fixed the network issue for European user and fixes the bug for third-party camera application. Along with this update, you will also get December 2017 Security Patch. Check out the latest OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA changelog and features below. You can now download and install the update manually or via OTA (Over the Air).
The update has started rolling via OTA as we speak. It is sent in a phase-wise manner. If you are running Stable Oreo build with OxygenOS 5.0, then you may receive the update anytime soon on your device. To receive the update, you must be running Stock ROM without root access. In case if you have rooted, then you can manually upgrade to OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update by following our guide.
If you receive the update, you may notice the update weighs only 145MB in size. So don’t get worried, With this size of the update, Oneplus have added all the features and security patch for the month of December 2017.
OxygenOS 5.0.1 Changelog and Features:
- Bug fixes for third party camera application
- Fixed network issues for European operators
How to manually check for OTA update on your device:
To check for the OTA update on OnePlus 5, follow this steps
Go to Settings —> About Phone —> Software Update.
Here you will find the official OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update for OnePlus 5. In case if you have not received then wait for the official update roll out to begin in your region. The update may take even weeks or month after the official roll out.
If you are not patience to wait for the OTA update, then you can download the OxygenOS 5.0.1 for OnePlus 5 and flash it on your phone by following the below guide.
Download OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA Here
- OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA for OnePlus 5 – Download, Mirror (OxygenOS 5.0 to OxygenOS 5.0.1)
- OxygenOS 5.0.1 Full ROM for OnePlus 5 – Download, Mirror
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Follow steps to Install OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA update for OnePlus 5
Method 1: Steps to Install OxygenOS 5.0.1 for OnePlus 5
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs zip to the folder where ADB installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 5 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your OnePlus 5 should now update to OxygenOS 5.0.1 Oreo, and it will reboot automatically to take you to OxygenOS 5.0.1.
Method 2: Steps into Install OxygenOS 5.0.1 OTA via Recovery:
To install the OTA via recovery, you can simply follow our youtube video on How to Install OTA Update on OnePlus smartphone
SOURCE – Click here